Merry Christmas and "I Love You"'s

RAINE'S POV

"But sir-" I started "Jonathon and I haven't been dating for very long. "Do you really think it would be a good idea to make me Luna so early in our relationship?" I tried to reason with him.

"Let me explain something to you Raine. When you lose your mate, it can kill you, you will never feel that type of connection with anyone else. Because of this, almost every time a wolf can't develop feelings for anyone else." Luna said walking over to where I stood.

"So the fact that both of you have developed feelings for each other after losing the chance to be with your mates means that you are the only one able to become the Luna of this pack." the unknown man finished. 

"Really?" Jonathon asked.

"Yes, son. Raine is the best chance this pack has at staying together." Alpha said "I understand that you're scared. But you have to understand, you're this pack's Luna now."

"I am Lucas one of the Elders."  the unknown man said coming over to us "I understand that you're nervous and scared, but we need to make the bond between the two of you stronger before the ceremony."

"What do you mean bond?" Jonathon asked while pulling me closer sensing I was internally freaking out.

"Son, when a alpha decides to be with someone after losing their mate, it creates a bond. A alpha losing their Luna affects them so much more than the average wolf." Alpha said.

I took a deep breath "I think Jonathon and I need to talk about this."

        Everyone nodded in agreement and Jonathon and I went to his room. I sat on his bed with my head spinning with everything I was just told. Will I be able to be the Luna this pack needed? I mean if my mate didn't even want me, how in the world would this pack want me as it's Luna?

Jonathon knelt in front of me placing his hands on top of mine "I know what's swirling in that pretty little head, so stop thinking so much and breathe." he said making me look at him.

"How can I be the Luna this pack needs? I'm nobody special." I said tears pricking my eyes.

"Hey, look at me." he said wiping away a few tears that managed to escape "You are smart, strong, loyal and so much more. You have everything that makes a Luna and so much more, you are exactly what this pack needs in a Luna."

He brought his hands up to my cheeks "And as for not bein anything special? I beg to differ, you are the most special person I have ever met." he brought his lips down to mine.

After we pulled away we laid down trying to forget about todays events. I don't know what came over me but right before we went to sleep I brought my lips to his once more before whispering three words I never thought I would say.

"I love you."

And then I heard four words I didn't think I'd hear in response.

"I love you too."

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys I know it's been a while since the last update and I'm sorry, I got really busy with school but here is anew chapter for all you loyal readers who stayed and waited this long for the story to continue XD