Just Want To Forget

RAINE'S POV

It's been a couple hours since I rejected Elijah and I have done everything I could to stay away from him. I wanted to go back to the way it was, where he didn't know I existed and I wasn't being jumped for a unknown reason. Speaking of me being jumped Jonathon was currently talking to the people who jumped me trying to figure out their reason. We were in the training room at the moment with me in the corner and Jonathon standing in front of a group of very scared wolves.

"So are you going to tell me why you jumped a innocent pack member?"

Everyone looked down in submission. No one wanted to say why they did it. "Rose saw her and Elijah go behind the school and wanted to make sure that she knew her place." one of the girls said.

"Did you ask Raine why she was with Elijah?" Jonathon said and I tensed up.

"No." they all replied.

"I-" he started but I cut him off. Elijah probably doesn't want anyone to know about us. "He needed some help with some homework." I lied.

Jonathon looked over at me with a confused look on his face, but didn't call me out on the lie. The group looked up shocked at the reason I had told them. Guilt flashed across all of their faces as they all apologized and Jonathon dismissed them. After they had left he turned to me confusion once again making its way across his face.

"Why did you lie?" he asked.

"Because I want to forget Elijah and if everyone knows no one will let it go. Plus I figured he wouldn't want anyone to know either."

Understanding swirled in his eyes as he nodded walking over to me engulfing my small body in a hug. Even if Elijah was my mate I don't have feelings for him. I know you probably think I'm lying cause just a little bit ago I was crying as I rejecting him, but I was crying cause I was unwanted. If he he had just rejected me it would have hurt yes but I would get over it. Instead he wanted to keep the mate bond and torture me with the pain caused by your mate being intimate with someone else, that's just cruel. Was I hoping that when I met my mate we could get to know each other and develop feelings? Absolutely, but that didn't happen and my wolf was heartbroken. All the feelings I had were due to the mate bond and now that it was broken I felt no affection towards him.

"You know you're handling this whole thing surprisingly well." Jonathon said slinging his arm over my shoulders as we walked out of the training room.

"That's cause all the feelings I had towards him we because of our mate bond. Since I've broken the mate bond all those feelings are gone." I explained.

After Jonathon an I basically played twenty questions I learned a lot about him.

Favorite holiday: Halloween

Favorite food: Pizza

Favorite color: Red

And he told me about how he lost his mate. She was human and a few days after they met she was in a car crash and died on the scene. It was about 2 years ago, since he's a alpha he gets to find his mate sooner than normal wolves so that he'll have a luna before his father steps down. I had to admit that I was starting to like Jonathon and I was worried cause I was pretty sure that my feelings were one sided. Besides he's my first and only friend and I was not going to ruin that because of me developing a silly little crush. 

"Want to go for a walk?" He suddenly asked.

"Sure, where are we gonna be walking to?"

"It's a surprise. I want to show you something." He said with a smirk forming on his lips.

I just looked at him suspiciously and he just chuckled pulling me closer as we walked out of the pack house.