Confessions

JONATHON'S POV

She wouldn't look at me and when I heard those words leave her mouth I both felt excited and disappointed. I was excited because I was hoping that she liked me the way I liked her but I was disappointed because there was a chance that she either liked someone other than me or she was just saying that she liked someone so that she wasn't coming between Elijah and I. I was hoping that it wasn't the latter and she liked me. Either way I was going to have to talk to her about it later.

"You do?" Elijah asked shock and hurt very evident in his voice.

"Yes I do." 

I let out a sigh before putting my arm around her shoulders and leading her out of the room. This time she didn't resist and just followed. I took us back to my room and when we got there she had another wave of heat, this time though it wasn't painful, her temperature just spiked again followed by dizziness. Thank god I had a hold of her, otherwise she would have fallen.

"Whoa, careful." I said sitting her on the bed. "I'll go run a cold bath for you, okay?"

She nodded laying her head against the pillow while I went and locked the door. Any unmated male could sense a female in heat and I don't think she would appreciate a hoard of guys randomly showing up while she bathed. I then went to the bathroom and started running the bath, I went and got her some clothes from her bag to change into when she was done and placed them on the counter next to the tub.

Once the tub was full I helped Raine into the bathroom before leaving her to get in the tub. I took this time to get changed into to some pajamas. I figured a tank and sweat pants would be fine. I heard my phone go off and it took a little bit of looking before I found it.

From: Elijah
"I'm sorry..."

I wasn't sure how to respond so I didn't and decided that he and I were going to have to talk face to face tomorrow at school. I found Raine's phone and charger and plugged them both in. While I was at it I went and added my number so that she could get a hold of me if needed. It wasn't long after that Raine exited the bathroom while drying her hair. 

"Feel better?" I asked.

"Much, thank you." she said and smiled at me. She must have been tired cause a yawn made it way out of her mouth and she started to rub her eyes. I must admit it was adorable.

"Alright sleepy head. We have school tomorrow and you need sleep." I said chuckling lightly as I guided her to the bed. 

We both laid down and I couldn't stop Raine's words from earlier from repeating in my head "I like someone else anyway..." Who did she like? Would she tell me if I asked? I wouldn't get any sleep if I didn't ask.

"Raine?"

She hummed in response, looking up at me with curiosity in her eyes.

"Do you actually like someone?" 

She looked down and a blush crept up her cheeks. "I do." she said quietly.

"Who?" moving her face to once again look at me.

She stayed quiet and just looked at me with wide eyes. "It doesn't matter, he probably doesn't feel the same."

A small smile formed on my lips "You never know. Will you please tell me?" I asked again,
She looked down again taking a deep breath, letting silence envelop us,before answering. "You. I like you." she said refusing to meet my eyes.

Relief washed over me as those words reached my ears. I slowly made her look at me, a huge smile spread across my face. 

"Good." I said before bringing my lips down to meet hers.   

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN! THAT'S RIGHT THERE HAS BEEN A CONFESSION! JAINE MIGHT ACTUALLY BE READY TO SAIL!!
Let me know if you liked this chapter and how you feel about Jaine <3