3. The Address

2 years later.

The day has finally come since that argument between my mother and I, we worked it out after a day of her not talking to me and I apologizing like a billion times, Rose told my mother going back to Barbados was an excellent idea, since she had some pre-existing problems to address back home, typical Rose diagnosing someone. I give my room a final look around, I am going to miss here. "Troy get down here! You gine make us late!" My mom shouts at the top of her lungs from the kitchen, I walk down the stairs to find Tiffany's parents talking to my mother, Shit, I've been avoiding them for almost 2 years and its been hard since they live 3 houses away, but I couldn't just run away from them right now.

"Hello Troy nice to see you" Debbie greets me as I haul my suitcases down with me, "Hi" I say but I quickly recover "It's nice seeing you too" my mother smiles at me, these past two years had been a lot for us, and at 37 my mother's dark hair started to see a few specs of grey, her body remained athletic from her years of being a runner but she is the same mother I've always known and love. I can't say the same for myself. I didn't get much taller, I stand at 6'2 and a half but the half really matters, my locs are finally past my shoulders, draping down my back and I added a tribal tattoo which covers most of my right shoulder. My mother hates it since the night I came home with it one night, she told me I ruined my beautiful skin, I thinks it adds to it but that's just me.

I listen as the Daniels speaks to my mother, well mostly Debbie, Ryan stands silently eyeballing me, I always thought he hated me, he was cool when I was younger, but from the age of 15 he has been giving me this nasty side-eye, like he thought I probably had ulterior motives, yes I did but I never told Tiffany, she was so dedicated to work, I would never take her mind from it. Actually, no Tiffany was dedicated to what her family wanted, she wanted to be an artist, but her mother insisted she got into forensic science, she would hide and draw. She had some of the most beautiful drawings I've ever seen, many were of me, so no doubt they'd be great. That's why I got the tattoo she drew one on me in one of the drawings and I liked it, her father didn't. He burned her drawings of me and said it was an accident. Let's just say I didn't like Ryan at all.

"Troy, can I talk to you?" Debbie calls to me as I push my long sleeve shirt up around my bicep, I give my mother a questioned look but she shrugs, Debbie walks towards the front door and I follow bringing two of my suitcases with me,

"Hi Troy, you've grown up so much." she smiles then looks out into the distance, the mood changes as the wind blows around us, leaves tumble across my lawn, she breathes deeply "Troy I know this loss has hurt you, losing your father and Tiffany all in one night, but I want you to know you're not the only one who experienced lost that night we all did, Tiffany was my only baby, my little joy, and at first I probably acted like I hated you I don't, you're like a son to me, watching Tiffany grow everyday with you was a joy to watch." She chuckles reminiscing "But she's not here anymore but you are, Troy.." she says turning her gaze back to me, I stand there quietly emotions eating away at my insides but I keep a brave face, "Troy, you loved her just as much as I did, and I want you to know this new life isn't to be hated, you have a chance to find a new love and I hope you do" she hugs me patting me on the back, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, How did she know I loved her. I hug her back tightly, I didn't even notice we aren't alone anymore.

They made me leave you

They made me leave you behind

But are you really still back there?

Physically you are, your present home

Isn't down the street anymore

But down, 6 feet down, covered,

Away from my eyes, away from my presence

But I feel you

I feel you watching me while I sleep

When I wake you're gone but your presence lingers

Lingers everywhere

Lingers on your favourite things

Lingers on me

Lingers on my heart

Can you just stay a bit after I wake?

So your figure can linger on my eyes once again.

-Troy Stevens

After a few more goodbyes we board the train to Manchester before we got on a flight to Barbados, mum had some house business to take care of, before we leave. The house was sold to a "nice family" she said but I didn't like the thought of someone in our home... Not your home anymore. We sold almost everything except dad's stuff those were sent to my grandmother and she was going to ship them to us once we are settled in, I doubt we will but wishful thinking. I didn't hate my Barbadian side I just can't remember it. A shriek blast through the PA system and I nonchalantly listen

"Passengers travelling to Barbados via Virgin Atlantic Flight 45 please make your way to Gate 11" and with a hum she is gone, I take a deep breath as my mother grabs her bag and heads over to the gate, I slowly follow passport in hand, Well Dad and Tiff this is it. I knew I would've gotten into The University of the West Indies, doing Biochemistry, the same thing I wanted to do at Bristol just now in Barbados. Every time I hear Barbados it annoys me a little but I was going to be cool about it. My mother waves me to the front of the line which pisses off a couple of people I want to shout piss off but that wouldn't end well with her so I just give them a forceful look before heading forward.

23A 23A I think as I shuffle down the aisle looking for my seat, I find it and I am not happy, some woman is sitting in it talking to some girl,

"Uh excuse me you're in my seat" I quip annoyance heavy in my tone,

"Oh hello I wanted to know if I could-"

"No you can't switch, that's my seat, it's paid for so I'd like you to move" I say cutting her off, the lady is now pissed but I couldn't give a shit,

"You don't have to be rude about it, it was just a question" she replies anger taking over her voice

"Mum it's okay, it's just a few rows away" her daughter soothes trying to calm her down as she packs her stuff up, since I am blocking the aisle the flight attendant joins us,

"Is there a problem here?"

"Nope she's just leaving" I quickly respond tossing my bag into the over head compartment and gesturing to the girl to move so I could get to my seat, she got up quickly and the tension was thick when her arm brushes mine when I pass.

I sink into my assigned seat and after a while my annoyance subdues just in time for me to notice that the girl scowling on way my left is incredibly beautiful. Fuck.