My Reason to Live. - One Direction Fanfic.

{Callie’s P.O.V}

"You have terminal brain cancer, I'm so sorry.” The doctor says. He says it emotionlessly. I feel the tears running down my cheeks, soaking my skin. But I don’t care. I just want to be normal, a normal teenage girl without terminal cancer.

I’ll tell you about myself, my names Callie. I’m 16 years old, and my Birthday is the 2nd January. I go to Rose Hill high school, and currently do art, music, physics, chemistry and French. I’m a dancer; I do ballet, tap and modern for 8 hours a week and compete in huge competitions. But that’s all going to have to stop now I have…cancer. I have brown, curly hair and big brown eyes. People say they look like almonds. I am quite slim and I try hard to keep in shape. I have one best friend, her name is Rose, and she’s amazing. I love her to bits. Me and Rose are IN LOVE with this band called One Direction, they aren’t that big yet, but I'm sure they will be soon! We are actually obsessed with them…it’s quite worrying. Another thing about me, I'm adopted. My parents died 4 years ago in a car crash and I was adopted by a young couple. They don’t care about me much; they're hardly ever at home. Rich, they are, always jetting off on holiday and leaving me behind. I don’t mind much though, I'm quite happy with my own company, and Rose’s. I swear, she’s at my house more than she is at her own. No exaggeration. So yeah, that’s about me. Back to reality.

“I have…what?” I ask, shocked by the news I have just received. The doctor looks down, obviously uncomfortable telling me I have cancer, “You, erm, have…cancer. Its terminal, you’ll have to be a admitted and treated immediately.” I nod and look down at my hands, the tears rolling down my cheeks. I want to live.

“Please, can you follow me?” the doctor says finally, getting up and signalling for me to come too. I get up and follow him through the halls and towards the cancer ward. As we walk through the ward, I look into the rooms. Children of all ages, with all types of cancer fill up this part of the hospital. Some smile at me as I pass, others wave, but others frown and glare at me. I'm not sure why. The doctor leads me into a room, handing me a hospital gown, “here, put this on?” I nod, and take it from him. It is dull and plain, just like this room. I'm going to need to “freshen it up” a little with some things from home.  

The doctor smiles at me before leaving. I'm glad he’s gone. I can be myself and have a good cry now without feeling self-conscious, that’s another thing about me, I'm terribly self-conscious. I pad into the bathroom and change into the ugly gown. Walking out and looking in the mirror before taking my pink belt and wrapping it around my waist, there that helped spice it up a little. I slide into the hospital bed, looking around me and finally getting the chance to take it all in. I have TERMINAL cancer. I am going to die. Well isn’t that a nice thought? I guess I’ll be able to start working on that scrapbook; I'm going to have a lot of spare time on my hands now. I get out my phone and text rose, asking her to come to the hospital and I’ll meet her in the waiting room. I’m not going to tell her about this over text, I need to speak to her in person.

“Rose, I’ve got something…big…to tell you about. Meet me in the hospital waiting room in ten? .x”

“Sure thing babe, what’s up? Xx”

I don’t reply, she’ll be her soon and I’ll tell her everything. Everything I wish I didn’t know. It hits me now; I wish I didn’t find out. Wish I’d just gradually faded away, died surprisingly. I wish I didn’t know I was going to die, so I could live my last however long in peace and happiness without a big black cloud hanging above me all the time. I put on my Uggs and head out to the waiting room, sitting down on a sofa until she arrives. My head starts throbbing, it gets more and more painful until I scream out in agony. One of the many symptoms of Brain cancer. A nurse comes running over to me, sitting down and holding my hand. “You’re okay, it’s okay,” she comforts me. Surprisingly, it helps. She seems lovely; she’s also very pretty and doesn’t look that old. As a flash of pain shoots through my head again, I wince, and the migraine is gone. I sigh and finally relax. “Sorry about that,” I say, embarrassed at my sudden fit. The nurse smiles at me kindly. “It’s fine, my names Kayla,” she holds out her hand and I shake it. Laughing inside at the fact that I'm ACTUALLY shaking someone’s hand. It seems so strange, so…posh. “That’s a nice name, mine’s Callie,” I smile at her and she returns the favour by smiling a huge, cheesy grin back at me. Just then, I hear Rose calling my name from the other side of the room, “Callie? Is that you?” she asks worriedly as I turn around and stand up, walking towards her. She looks me up and down, not in a mean way, in a “why are you wearing a hospital robe” kind of way. I motion for her to sit down, and then sit down next to her on the dull, green couch. “Rose, I have terminal Brain cancer.”

sorry this is reaaaaaally short ;D just to give you a feeling for the new fanfic :) It's a LOT different from TCOAL and before you ask...yes, it does include the 1D boys...in fact, they play QUITE a big role ;) haha, yeah, i'll upload more soon! :) tell me what chaa think so far :) love you all - B .x