"If you don't mind me asking, when did your parents die?" I ask carefully.

"Not long after this picture, actually. Probably three months after this day. It was horrible. My parents were murdered. I came home from school one day to find their bodies in the hallway. There was blood everywhere. I have never screamed or cried so hard in my life. The image of their bodies still haunts me to this day. For years, I would have horrible nightmares. There was a guilt eating away at me for a long time. I thought that it was my fault; my parents were dead because of me. If I had gotten home earlier in time, I could have saved them..." Samantha starts to cry as she puts the photo back. She holds her head in her hands as she sobs. This time, I pull her in for a hug. She tenses up for a moment, but eventually gives into the hug. Samantha cries into my shoulder as she wraps her arms around me. "Shh, it's okay, I promise. I know how it feels to lose parents..." I comfort her. Samantha sniffles and pulls away.

"I loved my mom so much, but I was torn away from her when I was nine because of the war. Vanessa then decided to murder my mother and kidnap my father. I still don't know if Dad is alive... I want to remain hopeful, but... It's been a while since he was taken... I don't know how long Vanessa will keep him alive... I also felt that his kidnapping was my fault. If only I had gotten back home sooner, I could have protected him." I open up to Samantha. It feels weird to admit these things to her, but I want her to know that she's not alone.

"I'm really sorry about your parents, Stiles. I hope that Vanessa gets what is coming for her." Samantha replies as she wipes her eyes.

"It's okay. Um, if you don't mind me asking, do you know what killed your parents?" I ask the mermaid curiously.

"I found traces of snapdragon in my house as well as bullets. I'm pretty sure hunters killed my parents." Samantha sighs.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you." I apologize to her. Samantha nods, wipes her eyes a final time and takes a deep breath. She walks away from the fireplace. I follow her. "Let's not talk about anything sad anymore, okay?" She suggests.

"Yeah, that sounds good to me." I reply. Samantha quickly glances down at her phone. I assume she must be checking the time. The two of us stop in the middle of the room. Samantha turns to me with a sad smile. "What?" I frown in confusion. Samantha sighs. She takes my hands in hers. "Wait, what are you doing?" I ask worriedly, my heart beating faster. "I just want to make it up to you." Samantha shrugs. I try to pull away from her, but Samantha holds my hands tightly, so I can't move away. I start to feel really nervous. "P-please let go of me, Samantha." I plead.

"You're a good guy, Stiles. I feel like this is the first time that I have fully realized that. It makes me not want to do this, but I have to. I hope you understand." Samantha replies as she takes another step closer to me while she makes us turn around so I'm facing the fireplace and Samantha is facing the door. "What do you mean?" I ask desperately. Samantha sighs, her eyes glowing green. Suddenly, I feel myself freeze to the spot. She's using her telekinesis to keep me in place! I try to break free, but it's no use. "I'm so sorry for what I'm about to do, Stiles." Samantha says sadly. Suddenly, Samantha takes another step forward, closing the remaining distance between us. Our lips collide. I stare at Samantha with wide and horrified eyes. Samantha kisses me, but I refuse to kiss back. What the hell is she playing at? Why is she doing this to me? How could she betray Scott like this? I try to pull away again, but I'm frozen in place, thanks to Samantha's telekinesis. I shudder as Samantha licks my lips slightly, wanting to explore my mouth or at the very least, get me to kiss her back, but I refuse to give in.

Suddenly, I hear the door behind me open. Samantha suddenly throws me off her. I fall to the floor. Samantha looks down at me with a horrified expression, her eyes back to their normal shade of green. "Why would you do that, Stiles? Why would you kiss me? You know that I'm in love with Scott!" She asks, betrayal clear in her voice and eyes. I'm about to retaliate angrily at how backwards this whole thing was when I hear someone that makes my heart drop. "What the hell is going on, Stiles?!" Scott screams from behind me. Slowly, I stand up and turn around to see an angry Scott standing at the doorway, staring at me with anger, sadness, shock, disbelief, betrayal and hurt. Samantha rushes over to his side. Scott wraps an arm around Samantha's waist. Samantha starts to sob and hide her face in Scott's shirt. "Scott, no, please listen to me! It's not what it looks like. She-" I begin to explain, but Scott cuts me off.