Berries and Screams

" But why did you do it?"
" I hoped that you would be happy. I hoped that you would be safe. After what I did to you... I thought that saving you was worth losing what we might've had. "

I laid my head on his shoulder.

" I feel like a vulnerable little girl who can't do anything to protect the most important person in her life. I'm... sorry..."

"But you did. You saved my life two times.who knows what I would do without you."

I felt guilty. 

But then I remembered the rest of the dream. The girl, her group, their names. I really don't know what they did to me.

"Tom?"
" yeah,"
"I remembered  their names"

" The memories." I started "I know who can help us get out of here. Maybe even destroy Wicked."

"But we still don't know we're safe from harm here so far. We'll stay here as long as we can. Until it isn't safe then we'll make a run for it but was can't risk hundreds of lives if we got no reason to."

He tilted his head, looked at his shoulder. Where a massive scar lay. I was worried that wicked may even be behind all this.

I carefully traced my fingers on the scar that was left.

"What happened to it." 

" wicked came stitched me up then when I woke up I couldn't feel anything. Like what they did in the scorch. But they didn't do it here. They... took me... somewhere else. It was a dark room and had two lights looking down on me but I passed out.

"Then they were talking about Brenda not supposed to shoot me that... the gun wasn't for that reason it was....That this was a disturbance in the shuck patterns. Then I... woke up here."

Seems like Wicked still had flat trans all over the place. Maybe they could even be watching us like they did in the scorch. Maybe we weren't safe and that's where my little four person group comes in. Mark, Trina, Lana, and Alec. How could they help? I didn't want to tell tom their names yet.  he might go searching for them and yet not know who they are. I'm afraid of what he might do if I told him that Wicked can be watching us that maybe they had flat transportation they could come in here any minute.

Nothing made sense. They sent us here but so far we're free from harm. Nothing's wrong. But if they did something something that can be a reason to run away from...

" Well, it's getting early I'll go find us some breakfast. Watch Lily."

I headed out into the forest to gather some berries. While walking I heard a cannon fire and then a horrible high pitched scream that was suddenly silenced. I ran back as fast as I could.

Then I heard footsteps

Ah ,tom ,thank goodness! i thought.

I headed towards the source. Half walking half jogging With a bunch of berries in my hand.

When  I reached the source of the footsteps Without bothering to look up hands on my knees I said between heavy breaths, "Tom... what was that?"

" that, my friend was the sound of sweet death."

Brenda.

" I'm not Thomas. And i warn you you must stay away from him. I'll only say this once: stay away from him, or the next disappearance will be his. Save his life...

"As much as it hurts me to admit that we would have to kill him. I don't hate him. I hate you. You are the big mistake,  you're why everything is happening. And since we can see you don't care for yourself the best way to hurt you is to hurt the person you love. I love him too though ya know...

" you'll never stop. So I'll stop you. Stay away from him. it's either  you or him but I think i can settle on you.if it's not him... of course. "

She headed out before giving me one last warning,  be careful.

I picked some more berries and headed back to the cliff where we slept. There I found Tom sitting under the tree with Lily on his lap, crying.

" Teresa! Wha... what happened?"

I started  crying. I wanted to talk to him. But I don't want to lose him. I want him to know, but I don't want him to feel any pain. I want to comfort him, but I don't want him to see me cry. I want to love him.

Love him.

But not betray,not anymore.

Thomas's p.o.v.

Her eyes sparkled with tears; her lower lip trembled with fear; her hands shook at her sides. I saw recognition in her eyes. Saw that she hadn't forgotten me again, but behind that there was pure and absolute terror.

"Teresa," i whispered. Knotting up inside. " What's wrong?" She didn't respond but her eyes flickered to the side then back to me. A couple of tears trickled out, slipping down her cheeks, then falling to the floor. Her lips trembled even more and her chest lurched with what only could be a stifled sob.

I stepped forward put my hands out to her. She pulled me into  a tight embrace.
I pulled her closer to me I never wanted to let go. I was afraid I might lose her.

That maybe, I might hurt her in any way possible.

I'm afraid That she could do it again.

" Thomas...I'm... so sorry..."

She said each word between stifled sobs and small moans that escaped her mouth.

Every word she said she looked like she was getting stabbed with a knife. She kept saying my name hurtfully until the moment she stopped breathing and fell unconscious into my arms.

Hi guys. Thanks soooooo much for +317 reads ( that number hurt to type ). I'm finally back to my normal schedule. Yay!!!!!!*silence* ahem ok. Awkward.

Well until we meet again my fellow gladers. Bye.

-nat