Chapter 3: The Engagement fight (Part 2)

(All Rights Reserved)

My wolf was pushing forward and I had to constantly push her back, reminding her that it wasn't time. My body was arched, ready to pounce at anytime and my claws were on the surface. I looked over at Matt and the tramp and watched as he whispered something into her ear. Lucky for me he wasn't quite like her and I got to hear every little word he said.

"She's just a child, not anywhere near strong enough to lead this pack, not matter what she thinks, but you are, remember that."

Marie nodded along to everything Matt was saying, "Don't worry babe, I'll beat her."

"I know." Matt said but his eyes betrayed his words and his body was tense, his eyebrows raised and biting his lip. Worry was clearly written all over his face.

I turned away and blocked out there on-going conversation. Matt hated me and the mere thought of us never being together brought tears to my eyes.

"Laina?" I turned to see Nick, he stood to the side with a small smile and open arms.

I shook my head and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. "I need to be strong."

Nick nodded his head and leaned forward, he lightly kissed my forehead and whispered in my ear, "Good luck."

I forced a smile on face, "Thanks."

Daniel stepped forward, "Anything and everything is allowed, whoever wins will be engaged to my son."

"Yes, sir," We intoned .

"Well, let the fighting begin," Daniel stepped aside and we stepped forward.

Marie smirked at me, "Good luck, little girl, you'll need it."

"Ready girls?" Daniel yelled out.

"Ready!" She and I said at the same time, all the while the tramp kept smirking at me. I cracked my neck and then my knuckles. I released my claws and my body arched forward, my feet lightly digging into the ground.

"One!" My wolf was howling.

"Two!" Marie looked pumped and ready to kill.

Now, it was my turn to smirk at her, "Good Luck, Tramp."

"Three!"