Chapter 17- Crowning Of The East

The sun finally began setting on the world, sending its orange rays dancing across the sky and decorating the camp for this special moment. I could hear ther eager talk of the pack waiting just on the other side of the Highrock, while me and my brothers stood on the other side just at the base of the stone itself, out of the view of our peers.

Marcus's fur had been groomed exceptionally well for this, but his nervous pacing might ruin it faster that is was put together. "Will you just sit still?" I asked, finishing up the sowing on Chandler's sash that he wore over his best tan shirt. "You're even making me nervous."

"I'm about to be promised the alpha ship, A!" He snaps, the jeweled necklace clinking together around his neck like a collar. It was a handsome accessory, made from brown crystal found only in the East and weaved together by beaded string. Hanging from it was a dazzling green opal. His decor was certainly the jewelry of an alpha. "How can you expect me to be calm."

The snapping I didn't take personally. This was normally how our communication worked. "Marcus, I told you, you're ready for this." I reach out with my paw and grab his shoulder swirling his big broad head around to meet my gaze. "This is what you have been waiting for, brother. I know it."

He still seemed a bit shocked that I knew that. "I didn't think I made it that obvious."

"Well, you did." I chuckled. "Come on, I don't ignore you completely."

Thankfully, this playful humor seemed to lighten his tension. "I never even let myself think it could happen, let alone it happening so soon."

"I'm just wanting to get this over with." Chandler laughed, walking over to us while running a wooden comb through his hair for the millionth time. "I wanna see what lifes gonna be like without our dead beat dad around."

"We can't run from him forever." Marcus points out. "Shamans sending him to Volacia, but what's gonna happen when they're finished with him?"

I gave a sharp growl. "Guys, come on, we just got rid of him! Can't we enjoy this?"

"But I hate feeling this way." Marcus argues. "He was our father. We shouldn't be glad he's gone."

"I sure as hell am." Chandler scoffed. "I can finally walk into camp without thinking he's gonna call me in that goddamn den for a beating."

My whole body shivered. "That den." I echoed, squeezing my eyes shut. "I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to go in there again."

That was found somewhat funny between my brothers, but I could tell that deep down, they felt the exact same way. "Yeah, my first royal decree will be that I'm living up here for the time being." Marcus joked. "It's still just too soon."

Seeing that my brothers looked as handsome as I'd ever get them to be, I change to my human form, running my fingers through my own hair one last time. It was customary for each member of the royal family to look their best during something like this, and when it came to shiny objects, I never fought.

Blue diamonds had been weaved into my hair, with bright blue feathers stuck in between the braids for extra decoration. Blue makeup had also been added to my face in a swirling pattern around my eyes, and tiny opals were stuck onto my skin throughout the design, with pitch black lipstick for a finishing touch.

My shirt was made from the black fur of a Deerbi, which was a type of deer that inhabited this planet before even Werewolves came. Their pelt was silky soft, but by Fenris, were they hard to hunt. Violent suckers if you ask me, I would hate to be kicked by one of them.

The top had a long V neckline and cut off just above my stomach with more beads hanging around my waist like dew droplets. My pants were the same, but my footwear had been changed to thick hellhound pelt boots, also with feathers clipped to the sides.