"Once my parents invited him and his family at home for dinner. They forced me to bring him into my room and he annoyed me a lot and I couldn't complain to my parents because apparently, his parents donate money to the church which is really beneficial for us, though, I still can't bear his presence," my love spat out with quick speed.

"Okay, I got it," I laughed. It was kind of amusing. "Believe me or not but Lucas was different younger. We were best friends actually and we used to say that when we would get older, we would get married, that was really crazy. We were extremely close, though our parents didn't appreciate the thing going on between the two of us so we stopped seeing each other and Lucas changed then. He became a real asshole and now when I think of it, I wonder if it is not his true self coming to the surface."

There was a brief silence before Pierre said, "It's weird hearing you talk about another guy who you had feelings for."

"What? Are you jealous?" I asked him, trying to tease him and he got one of those thoughtful expressions on his face.

"I don't know," he replied surprisingly. I was expecting him to protest. "Maybe if you and him were still friends, or even more maybe, you and I wouldn't have been here in this forest right now, so maybe it's a good thing that you are no longer friend with him."

"You like me so much that you don't want to lose me," I concluded. Each time he happened to tell me about how important I was to him, he always seemed to touch me deep down.

"When you say it like this, it looks like I'm desperate to be with you- I mean to have you - or to be your friend," he quickly said, confusing himself with his words. "I-" he stopped, staring at me before saying, "Forget it."

He started to accelerate and I quickly went after him to grab his hand to stop him. My earphones had fallen off on my shoulders but I could still hear the music playing. Pierre turned around and faced me.

"What were you trying to say?" I asked him, stepping forward and I grabbed his other hand.

"I was trying to be honest about something," he started and he paused for a few seconds, "But then, I realized that each time I am being honest with you, I always say something that shouldn't be said, so maybe I should keep certain things for myself."

I tilted my head to the side and observed him carefully. My arms were wrapped around his waist and he placed his hands on my chest. He did not seem to mind the proximity of our bodies but I did not think that he wanted us to get any closer.

"You-" he bit his lip, averting his eyes, "You sure that you don't feel anything for Lucas anymore? Like what if he comes back to you?"

"He won't," I protested and I gave him a reassuring smile. "And yeah, I don't feel anything for him anymore, I'm positive about it."

"Alright," he said and he added in a timid voice, "Can we go?" I nodded, having nothing else to say on the subject. We pulled apart but I kept one of his hands in mine. We continued to walk in silence for some moment before he said, "I never brought anyone to my tree house."

"Am the first one?" I asked him, surprised.

"Well, my mom and dad used to come in the house but not anymore, it doesn't really interest them," he explained and I hummed.

"But you are sure that you want to show me your sanctuary?" I questioned.

"I never doubted it," he replied right away.

"That's good to know," I smiled. Just when I was going to ask him if we were close to the treehouse, I noticed a sign on which PRIVATE PROPERTY was written and a few meters away on top of a tree was Pierre's little sanctuary.