Chapter 17

-sangmi's pov-

The next day, I woke up earlier than usual. I sighed to myself as I started preparing for school. After I finished preparing for school, Hyuna had just woken up. And she was surprised that I woke up earlier than her. "Why are you up so early?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders. She just nodded and went to the showers. I looked at the clock and it says 7am. School doesn't starts until an hour time. 

I took my bag after wearing my shoes, and left the dorm, without eating breakfast. I walked to wherever my legs brought me to. And soon, I found myself at the school's garden. I don't get why no one comes here to be honest. It's so pretty. Since it was peaceful and beautiful, I decided to take out my pencil and a piece of A4 sized paper. Then I started drawing what was in front of me. It took me a while, because I'm an Art student. (how many art students here?)

I was almost done, when suddenly, there was a shadow covering my back. I turned back and saw.. Kim Taehyung?! He's smiling at me! Oh my God! My first love- "Hey." He started off as he sat down next to me. "Hey." I greeted back awkwardly. Then he looked at my drawing, I quickly covered it. "You're still really good at drawing!" He complimented me. But that wasn't the case. 'Still'? So.. He remembers me? 

"Still?" I questioned, and he looked at me, shocked? "Wh-what?" He stuttered and I shook my head. Maybe he's an idiot. "But anyways, you're good at drawing." He said again, but this time smiling at me, making my heart flutter. "Y-yeah." I stuttered. Then I looked at him, my eyes soon traveled up and down of his body. But one thing caught my attention; the necklace. I looked down to my necklace and.. It's the same. 

"Are you.." I looked at him, while holding my necklace in my hand. He took off the necklace and clicked it open. Inside, revealed the same picture of me and him together. I felt a lump forming in my throat. So, it's really him.. "The one and only." He smiled warmly, and he hugged me tightly. I hugged him back, and rested my head on his shoulder. "I'm back." Kim Taehyung whispered in my ear. 

"Yah. You're still playing netball?" Taehyung asked as he compared his skin color to mine. I smacked him playfully. "Don't make fun of me, you jerk." I laughed, so did he. "I'm thinking of joining the soccer team." He said and I nodded. I remember how much he wanted to be in the soccer team during high school, but the coach rejected him, saying he's too bad. At least, he plays better than me. "I improved a lot." He said and I nodded. 

Then there was an awkward silence. Until he chuckled lowly. I looked at him, confused. "This is really awkward.." He mumbled, I just kept quiet. I have no idea what to say. "I'm sorry." He suddenly apologized. "What for." I replied coldly even though I clearly know what he is apologizing for. "Sorry for leaving you." I felt tears welling up my eyes, but I rubbed it away. "It's okay. I was doing fine without you anyways." I lied. He just kept quiet, he knew that I was lying. 

"But why did you leave me.." I asked. "I came to Seoul. To fulfill my dreams here." He said. "Oh." I said. I remembered the dream he told me about. He wanted to open a dog cafe here, in Seoul. "And did you?" I asked. "Not yet. I'm still saving up money. But I guess, soon?" He replied and I nodded. "I never stopped thinking about, Sangmi. I have never forget you. So many thoughts were on my mind when I left you. I thought you would hate me." His voice cracked. "I didn't want you to hate me, so I'm sorry Sangmi, that I left you, all alone." He apologized again. 

This time, I hugged him. "Stop. It's the past now, let's focus on the future. You're here, so it's okay." I rubbed his back, so he wouldn't cry. I hated seeing him cry. And I still hate it. 

"I've missed you." 

-

Finally the last bell rang, signalling the end of school. I quickly packed my bag and looked at Taehyung, who is sitting on my right. He smiled at me. "What are you doing after school, today?" He asked me. "Hmm.. Nothing much." I replied. "Yah! Why not we do some catching up? I miss you so much!!" He hugged me for the 100th time today. I held my breath in when he hugged me, afraid that he would notice my uneven breathing.