Part 56

The day of Emma and Toni's wedding finally arrives. Lovino offers to babysit Eden as I help Emma get ready. He said he's a baby whisperer. As long as someone is watching the baby, I don't care what they think they are.

"(Name), I don't know if I can do this..." Emma whispers as she crouches in the corner.

I walk up to her and pull my dress up so I can get on my knees beside her. "You can't back out now! You already said yes!"

"I know," she sighs. "I'm just so scared I'm going to mess it up."

"Mess what up?"

"The vows!"

"I'm sure you'll do fine."

Ludwig knocks on the door and cracks it open, "They're ready whenever you are, Emma."

"O-Ok," she takes a deep breath, and I help her stand up after standing up, myself.

"Good luck," I pat her back before exiting the room.

"Thanks. Love you, girl."

"Love you, too."

I go to sit with Lovino, who is holding a sleeping Eden, who was in a little tux. "You really are a baby whisperer!" I giggle quietly, taking my seat in the pew.

"Yea," he huffs. "But seriously, I swear this kid's hair is getting curlier by the second. It keeps tickling my nose, and when I blow it away, it bounces right back."

I gently run my fingers through Eden's hair with a smile. "Yea, but that comes a long with parenthood."

He gives me this weird look, which soon eases into a smile. "You're right. It's worth it."

The organ begins to play, jolting Eden awake. "Shh..." Lovino hugs him tightly, and the babies whimpers soon turn into a smile as he plays with Lovino's puffed out cheeks. We all turn to see Ludwig escorting Emma down the aisle, her dress flowing behind her. The intricate designs of the neckline make her smile dazzle a thousand times more than usual.

I mind began to wander as I watched them exchange vows. Toni's eyes light up as Emma whispers, "I do."

The priest closes his book and bows his head. "You may now kiss the bride."

Toni wraps his arms around her and kisses her deeply; I could see the smiles on their faces. We all stood up and clapped for them, and tears began to roll down my cheeks. We all follow them out to the reception hall, and loud music begins to play. We all clap along to the song as Toni and Emma salsa dance. As the song ends, Emma throws her arms in the air, and Toni traces his hands down her waist to her hips and then strikes a dramatic pose. "That was beautiful!" I yell as everyone claps.

"Thanks!" Emma walks up to me and collapses in the chair beside me. "It took a long time to learn how to do it. I'm glad all that practicing paid off!"

"Practice makes perfect," Toni kisses her forehead.

She giggles and grabs his tie pulling them close, "No. Perfect practice makes perfect."

A few songs later, Lovino and I decide to dance bachata. Eden breaks out some moves of his own, twirling and rolling across the dance floor. "He's so cute!" I gush, tightly squeezing Lovino's shoulder. He squeezes my waist in return, and I jump. "Why would you do that?!"

"You hurt me, I tickle you."

"Fair enough."

After our dance, Lovino excuses himself, and I watch over Eden. "What is it, Eden?" I smile as he tugs on my dress.

"-Vino!"

"What?"

He points to the small stage, and says it again, "Vino, Vino!"

I look over and see Lovino standing at the podium, looking over some papers. "What's he doing?"

Everyone gathers around, and he begins speaking. "Family, friends, we have all gathered here today to witness the marriage of Antonio Fernandez-Carriedo, and his beautiful fiancée, Emma Maes." Everyone's gazes move to the couple, who are standing right beside me. "I'm happy to accept her as my cousin-in-law. I know she'll take good care of Antonio, even though he can be a handful. She's a strong, beautiful, smart, passionate, and creative woman, and I wouldn't accept anyone else for Antonio besides her," his lips curve into a smile. "Speaking of Antonio, I remember the first time I scored a goal."

I remember this story. Toni had told me just after I met Lovino.

"Although he wasn't much bigger than I was, Toni lifted me up like I was a feather, and twirled me around. His smile was so big, and he couldn't stop telling me how proud he was. That ended when I punched him in the face." His comment received a laugh from the crowd. "Yes, that story was about me, but I think it shows how supportive and kind this man is. My cousin, this twenty-six year old child, is going to be the best husband and father out there; I just know it. Eden has grown up to be such a joy, and I think his comforting nature comes from his mother, and his abundant smiles come from his father. I hope that my family will one day be just as beautiful as the one that was officially joined together today." Toni picks up Eden, and he hugs Emma tightly, their baby between their arms. I wipe tears from my eyes, and I see Toni nod to Lovino.

"And, there's one last thing I'd like to say." He takes a deep breath, and starts to walk off of the stage. He walks straight up to me, and gets down on one knee. "(Name), will you marry me?"

I gasp, and I look at Emma and Toni, who nod their heads furiously. "Yes, Lovino!" I jump on him, and we fall crashing to the floor.

He laughs and kisses me, sliding the engagement ring onto my finger. Toni helps us get up, and he hugs me, "You knew, didn't you?"

"I did," he laughs, kissing my hair. "He asked me if he could propose to you, a few months ago."

We get a lot of congratulations, as did Emma and Toni. Lovino grabs my hand, and pulls me outside of the reception hall. "Where are we going?"

"On a walk," he smiles, lacing our fingers together. "Beautiful night tonight."

I look up at the dark blue sky, the stars twinkling back at us. "The most beautiful," I whisper as I snuggle into his shoulder.

"I'm really glad I proposed to you."

"I'm glad you did, too."

"Now no one can take you from me."

"I really hate how jealous you get!" I tease.

"I-I'm not jealous!"

"Are too!"

"Are not!" I turn him around and kiss his cheek. "Ok, maybe I am, but that's not the point."

"We're official," I sigh happily, turning my gaze back to the stars.

"Officially what?" He asks, tilting his head.

I smile and snuggle into his shoulder. "We're officially spiteful lovers, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world."

~Fin~

Hey, guys! Thank you for following the development of Spiteful Lovers. Anyone get that reference? Anyways, I'm so glad you guys liked this story! I dragged it out WAAAAAAY too long, and I think it made people lose interest. I have high hopes for my stories in the future, so please look forward to them! For those of you who are sad about this particular story ending: don't worry. There will be an epilogue. I have it allllll planned out, and it should be published sometime this weekend.