Part 5

It's been three days since the incident with Lovino.

"I'm so tired!" I yawn as I walk to school.

"Yea, I bet you are!"

"Hm?" I turn and see my friend running up the street.

"(Naaaaame)!" Antonio waves his hand and a small 'humph' sounds from behind him.

"Oh, hi, Toni!" I smile. "And Lovino."

"Psh, why say it like that?" The Italian snaps.

"Because, you are a self centered idiot!" I retort. We cross our arms and turn away from each other.

"Oh Dios mio," Toni facepalms. "Why can't you guys get along? Just for one day."

"I don't know!" I frown.

"Well, let's get to class!" Toni smiles and grabs our hands.

"H-Hey!"

"Idiota!"

Once we got to school, we said our goodbyes and started walking to class. I turn and look behind me to find Lovino slowly creeping along. "What the heck? Why are you following me?"

He turns his head to the side and avoids my gaze. "The tomato bastard said I had my first class with you."

"Ah, I see."

His cheeks turn bright red as I giggle. "H-Hey! Shut up!"

"You're such a kid," I smile as I reach up and pat his head.

"Men shouldn't be treated like children!" He says as he swats my hand away.

"And women shouldn't be treated like trash!"

"Whatever," he scoffs as he walks ahead of me.

"You have no idea where you are going!"

"Tsk!" He stops in surprise and waits for me to catch up, taking smaller steps. We walk through the crowded hallways and make it to the Senior's section of the school.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" A loud voice demanded as I was pushed to the ground.

"Ouch!" I held my wrist and fought the tears flooding my eyes.

"Oi!" A voice called. I looked up to see Lovino glaring at the senior. "What is your problem?!"

"She was in my way," the blonde smirked.

"Doesn't give you the right to push her!" He moved and stood protectively in front of me.

The senior smiled at Lovino and readied his fist.

*WHOOSH*

His punch went flying and hit the Italian square in the face. "LOVINO!"

He placed his hand on his jaw and threw a punch back at the senior. The senior barely dodged, but was hit by the kick Lovino placed perfectly. The blonde growled in pain and stalked off. "What an idiot," Lovino hmphed. "Are you ok?" He asked, extending a hand to me.

"Mhm," I slowly nod my head, still holding back tears.

"Hm? What's wrong?" He kneeled down beside me, placing a hand on my head.

"Y-You fought for me," I respond as the tears fall from my eyes. "I thought you hated me."

"It's not that I hate you, (Name)," he softly smiled. "I just don't like to show people how weak I can be."