Part 7

After leaving Toni's tomato garden, I decide to take a walk in the courtyard. Some girls seemed to also have the same idea, since they were sitting on my favorite bench.

"Oh my gosh! The new guy is so hot!" The blonde one gushed.

"Yea, I know right? He's in my Italian class!" The brunette added.

"He already knows Italian," the last smirked. "Before class, he walked up to me and said, 'Tu sei bella come la merda che ho visto nel mio cortile'"

"Oh wow, what does that mean?" The blonde placed her hands over her blushing cheeks

"I don't know," the third sighed. "But, I know bella means beautiful~"

The girls squeal in happiness together as I nearly threw up in my mouth.

Fools. I hope they study more Italian. He said, "You are as beautiful as the shit I've seen in my backyard."

I decide to did another room to sulk in. I walk into the school, looking through the rooms.

The theatre arts room? Nah, they're probably working on the upcoming dinner theatre stage sets. Oh, how about the choir room? Oh... They're practicing for the recital.

At last, I come to the room I doubt anyone would go into.

The chemistry lab.

I slowly and open the door, shutting it once I've gotten myself in the room. I turn around and gasp, covering my hand with my mouth. "Lovino...?" I whisper his name, but he doesn't respond. His headphones play loud music as he mixed the chemicals together, creating a beautiful teal liquid.

"Whoa..." I sigh in awe, and place my elbows on the far table, and my chin in my palms. "He's amazing."

"Add 10 milliliters of sodium chloride, then stir thoroughly. Seems easy enough," he reads his paper as he pours in the salt. "Wow!" The teal turns to a shade of yellow, blue, pink, and many more colors I didn't know existed. I watch with a smile on my face as Lovino fists pumps the air in triumph. "I finally completed it!"

I was about to get up and leave, but Lovino's voice stopped me.

"Non mi importa quanto tempo devo combattere! Mi sforzo per il vostro affetto, io vivo per il vostro amore! Il tuo cuore un'anima un giorno sarà mio, ed io non ti lascerò mai andare!" (1) He sang a beautiful song with words that brought tears to my eyes.

Who could he be singing about?

His voice fades, and he looks out the window with a sad look on his face. "Why did you do that," he asks. I look at him, but he's not talking to me. "Why did you say you didn't care?!"

What's this all about?

I crouch down behind one of the large desks, listening to his self attack. "Why do you get so jealous?!" He screams, pulling at his hair. "Why can't you accept the fact you're never good enough?" He sinks to the floor, tears streaming down his face. I heard his hushed voice, but couldn't make out the words.

"Why can't you understand she'll never love you...?"

(1)- Italian: I do not care how long I have to fight! I strive for your affection, I live for your love! Your heart will one day be my soul, and I will never let you go!