Part 8

It's been about a month since the incident in the lab. I've tried my best to avoid Lovino, desperately trying to shake the memory of his voice out of my head.

I've never heard such talent... It's as if he were an angel~

"Wait! What am I thinking?!" I slap my cheeks, and the people around me stare in silence. I avert my gaze to the ground, hair covering my face, and keep walking. I walk into the store in search of food.

*Ring*

"Hm?" I take out my phone and see it's Toni. "Hola!"

"(Name), get over here, quick!" His panicked voice sent me into an adrenaline rush.

"What? Why? What happened?!" I tell as I start to run towards his house.

"It's Lovino," the poor Spaniard's voice cracked. "He got hurt."

Oh no...

"Ok! I'll be right over!" I hang up the phone and run faster than I have ever run before.

Please be ok, please be ok...

I recite these words over and over in my head. The tears of panic sting my eyes as I take the shortcut through the woods. "Ahh!" A root that had been poking up out of the ground tripped me, causing me to fall down a steep hill. As I landed, I surveyed my hands. "Just a few cuts," I observe. "Keep going!" Standing up, I realize I must've hurt my ankle too. "Damn it!" I caress the sprained joint.

No, keep going!

I pull myself to my feet and keep running, ignoring the pain shooting around my body. I make it out of the woods and to Toni's driveway. I knock frantically on the door and wait for him to answer. The door is thrown open and Toni comes out with a smile on his face. "Surprise!"

I stare at the birthday cake he holds out to me. Breathing heavily, I kneel on the ground. "(N-Name)! What happened?!"

"I-I took a shortcut through the woods," my voice cracks as I hold in my tears. "You scared me half to death." Toni starts to panic, and he runs inside to grab bandages.

"(Name's) here?" Lovino walks out, his arms crossed. "My god! What did you do?!" He laughs.

I glare up at him. I stand up and grasp his collar tightly in my hands. "Toni told me you were hurt!" I scream at him. "I was worried, you bastard!"

His eyes waver as I take my anger out on him. I release his collar, falling into his arms. "I-I was worried..."

"(Name)," He wraps his arms tightly around me, pressing me to his chest. "I'm sorry."

"I'm back with the bandages!" Toni yells, and Lovino releases me. "(Name), come inside! Let me bandage you up."

Toni attempts to pick me up, but Lovino shoves him away. "I'll do it, bastardo." He places his hand on my back and behind my knees, lifting me up in the air.

"A-Ahh!" I wrap my arms tightly around his neck, holding on for dear life. "Aren't I too heavy?!"

"You serious?" He looks questioningly at me. "You are as light as a feather."

"I could carry you forever."