Part 49

The day finally came. The day when we'd part from Ivan forever. We watched as he was lowered into the grave, and sobbed as they covered him up. Emil tossed in a sunflower seed, and after they had finished, placed three sunflowers on the top. We stood in there, shedding tears and exchanging hugs. "A-Are you sure he's gone?" Emil sniffs, attempting to see through his tears. "Ivan will be really scared if he wakes up and is trapped in there."

"I'm so sorry, Emil," I kneel down and hug him, my own heart being ripped out. "He's gone."

"W-Why?"

"God called him home." I look up, and I see Lovino smiling sadly down upon us. "God needed a new angel, and saw Ivan was perfect. That's all."

"I-Ivan's an angel?" Emil caught his breath, staring curiously up at the Italian.

Lovino nods and kneels down beside us, ruffling Emil's hair. "Yes, Emil. You know what? He's probably going to be your guardian angel."

"My guardian angel?"

"Yours."

My baby brother nods in understanding, his violet eyes staring up into the sky. "As long as Ivan can watch over me and be with me forever, I don't care what form he's in."

"That's a good way to think," Lukas adds as he walks over and picks him up. "You're very strong."

"I am, aren't I?" Emil musters a broken smile.

After we finished our goodbyes, we made our way back to our grandmother's house, and sat in the living room, cloaked in complete silence. Lovino and I sat at the kitchen table with Feliciano and Ludwig, while Toni comforted Emma in their room. Lukas didn't let go of Emil, not even once. Matthias, Berwald, and Tino quietly enter the the house, the door creaking as they close it. The Danish boy runs over to Emil and snatches him from Lukas, holding him tightly. "Oh, Emil!"

Emil chokes, "Y-You're squeezing me-"

"How are you doing?"

"Good. Can you let me go-"

"I'm so sorry for your loss!" Matthias shouts, and Berwald reaches for his the Danes' tie, and pulls it sharply.

"That's enough. You're squeezing the life out of him." Matthias shuts his mouth and he releases Emil on the ground.

Lukas stares at Berwald in amazement. "That was very effective. I will remember that."

"Lukas!" Matthias whines as he loosens his tie.

Tino walks over and places his hands on Emil's shoulder. "You know what, Emil?"

"What?"

"I'm going to open a Cafe one day," Tino smiles sweetly, attempting to lighten to atmosphere of the room. "Would you like to work there?"

Emil thinks about it, then shakes his head. "No, thanks."

"Why not?" Tino tilts his head, hurt.

"I need to look for that girl Ivan told me about," he explains, playing with his bangs. "She needs me."

Tino chuckles, "You can work there, and search for her after work. When you have enough money, you can do a really big search for her!"

"You're right," Emil nods. Then, we hear a chirp from the Emil's room. His eyes open wide, a big smile adorning his face. "No way!"

We all follow him as he runs into the room, heading straight for his desk. "He hatched!" The little puffin egg Matthias gave him finally hatched, revealing a slimy, but puffy looking little chick. "He's so cute," Emil's cheeks turn pink as he gently picks up the baby bird, the little one squeaking in surprise.

"What do you want to name him?" Lovino asks quietly, staring at it.

"Umm," he thinks. "I'm going to name him Matvey. Matvey the Puffin."

"Matvey?" I question, extremely confused. "Where did you hear that name?"

"Ivan," he smiles. "His father's name was Matvey. It means God has rewarded."

"That's a very sweet thing to do," Feliciano whispers. "I think that would make Ivan happy."

"I agree," Ludwig nods.

A few days later, it was time to say goodbye. Ludwig, Feliciano, Toni, and Emma all needed to go back home. "We don't live too far from here," Toni hugs me tightly. "If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call."

"Will do."

"Bye, girly," Emma grins up at me, and I hug her- still being careful of the baby.

"Bye, Emma. I'll miss seeing you at breakfast!"

"Honey, same," she nods with a serious expression.

"(Naaaaaaaame)!" The second I let go of Emma, Feliciano takes me in his arms and twirls me around. "Are you guys going to come back to Italy any time soon?"

"I don't know, Feli," I scratch the back of my head. "I want to be here for Emil and Lukas, just for a little while longer." Lovino's eyes open wide, as does his mouth, but he closes them simultaneously, and leans against the door frame.

"Ve'll see you again sometime," Ludwig looks down at me with kind eyes. "Ve'll even come visit of you aren't able to make it back."

"Thanks, Ludwig," my arms wrap around his torso, and I hide my face in his chest. I didn't want them to see me cry. "Take good care of Feliciano for me."

"Ja, I promise."

As they all walked out the door, waving and smiling at me, I lost it. My heart felt so empty without those four wonderful people here with me everyday. "Are you ok, (Name)?" Lukas asks me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine," I sniffle. I look at him, and I realize how much he has truly grown up. He was already just about as tall as me, with a few more years to grow.

"I'm glad," he smiles gently, and walks over to the couch, where he collapses and falls asleep.

"Matvey, Matvey!" Emil chased around his puffin, who has begun to walk. "That's too hard to say," his violet eyes look hurt as the puffin turns the corner. "Mr. Puffin. Mr. Puffin! Get back here!"

"Mr. Matvey Puffin, huh?" Lovino laughs, gazing at my little brother curiously. "He's a creative little guy."

I lean my head on his shoulder. "Yea, I agree..."

"How long do you plan on us staying here?" He asks, avoiding eye contact.

"I was thinking," I nervously rub my hands together, "Just until Lukas was old enough to move out?"

"What?!" Lovino jumps at my words. "How long is that?"

"Well, Lukas is turning 14 in a couple of days..."

"We're going to be here for three more years?!"

"Yes," I nod shakily. "You don't have to stay. I'll understand if you want to go home."

Lovino's anger slowly disappears as he stares at me. "No, it's fine. I don't mind where we are. Wherever you are, that's where my home is."

Ayyyyye. Finally an update. It sucks, but yay. I have plenty of ideas of what will happen near the end of this book, but, not how to get there. Smh. I'll get to working on that!

Oh, and I started writing an Anime Song English Lyric book. Go check that out! I worked hard on some of the lyrics, and others I found (: