Part 52

This chapter is dedicated to Spanish-Pancakes

I hide the shock that struck me when he said that, and gaze at the other tombstones surrounding Ivan's. "So many people have died, yet, no one visits them."

"Yea," Vlad sighs with a sad expression. "I guess people can't bear to see their loved ones in such a state."

"Do you ever see anyone come here?" Lovino stands next to me, wrapping his hoodie around my shoulders.

"No, but I always make sure to keep them company," he smiles. "I come and have little talks with them, updating them on their families lives and such. They never really talk back to me, but I always see little red roses blooming wherever I had stood before."

The Italian snorts, and I elbow him in the ribs. "That's very sweet of you, Vlad. Thank you so much."

"She misses you."

"W-What?" At the mention of her, my heart stops. Vlad turns around and starts walking towards one of the graves.

"I can feel her emotions," he whispers, running his hand along her tombstone. "Whenever I stand here, one word keeps coming to mind."

"And what would that be?" I ask.

"(Name)."

My emotions explode, and I hide my red face in Lovino's chest. "It's ok. She's no longer in any pain."

My grandmother had passed on the same day as Ivan, but a year after. She was buried in the same spot, but on the opposite side of the graveyard. Her tombstone is the same as his, yet, it is gray instead of white. She loved Ivan so much, that she wanted to be able to see his tombstone from hers.

"I miss her..." I choke.

"I'm going to tell you a poem," Vlad states quietly. "The night covered the earth in darkness with a mere stretch of her hand. Her bright eye, the shining moon, glittered brightly over the land. She spoke to the stars and constellations about her loneliness, anger, and sorrow. They all simply patted her shoulder and told her, there's always tomorrow." I nod my head quietly in response. "Please come visit her again tomorrow. Ivan would also be happy to see you."

"I will. Thank you so much for taking such good care of them ," I smile softly as I embrace him. His arms wrap around me and he rests his chin on my head.

"What can I say? A simple request from my favorite cousin is nothing I can't do," he kisses my forehead and cups my cheeks. "You've grown up so much."

"You have too," I chuckle, wiping my tears away.

Vlad looks to Lovino with a happy smile. "Take care of her for me, will you? I have a feeling you guys will be in for a lot of-" he hesitates, searching for the right word, "-fun."

"I will," Lovino eyes him cautiously. His arm finds its way around my shoulder and he leads me home. "I'm glad he didn't forget."

"I'm surprised he didn't," I shiver. "Why did the flowers bloom now? It's so cold..."

"Maybe the warmth from Ivan's love was enough?" He tilts his head thoughtfully. A laugh escapes my lips and he blushes. "W-What is it?"

"Nothing," I stand on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek. "I love you."

His embarrassed expression fades into a cute, pouty one. "I love you, too."