Part 22

"Just go after him!" Toni insists, pushing me towards the gate. I fight him, tears in my eyes, forcing my way past him.

He tightly grasps my wrist, but I rip my arm from his grasp. "I can't."

"You have to!" He takes me by the shoulders and turns me around to face him. I stare him straight in the eye, and his eyes start to tear up at the sight of me in such a pathetic state.

"I can't see him right now!" I run out of the airport, and get a cab to drive me home. Once I arrive, I run into my house and fall on my bed, crying my heart out.

A few days later, I'm still a mess. Midterms are over, so we get our break. I lay in bed, wondering the meaning of life, a knock echoes from my door. I hesitantly open it, and see Toni standing there with flowers and a laptop. "Hola."

"Hi." I whisper as I let him in.

"I see you haven't gotten any better," he observes, "Getting enough sleep?"

"Not even." I sigh, collapsing on my couch. He smiles brightly and hands me the flowers, placing the laptop on the small table in front of me. "What are these for?"

"Lovino sent me to buy them for you." He explains. "And-"

"Ciao." A voice says from the computer. I look and see Lovino waving. I cover my face with the pillow next to me, and run to the next room. "O-Oi!"

I slam my door shut, scared my heart would overflow with pain. "(Name)! Open up, he wants to talk to you!" Toni says, pounding on the door.

"No! I don't want to talk to or see him, right now!" I scream, clenching my fists from the other side.

"Please, (Name)!" The Italian pleads,

I can just see those eyes... His beautiful, loving eyes...

"No..." I whisper, sliding down my door. "I'm not ready."

"She says she's not ready, primo." Antonio says to Lovino.

"(Name), I love you. Please, talk to me! I miss you and your smile! I'd rather you tell me how much you hate me instead of not talking to me at all!"

"Oh, yea?" I open my door and glare into his eyes. "Then, I hate you." I watch in silent regret as his eyes look hurt. My heart starts to pound, and I slam my door again.

"H-Hey! Keep it down; my brother is sleeping, you idiot!" His voice slightly cracks with emotion as he whisper screams at me.

"Go in another room then!" I scoff.

"I can't talk to you in the hallway of a hospital, (Name)."

Hospital...

I quietly open my door, and see Lovino smiling sadly, pointing the camera at an angle so I could see the man lying in the hospital bed, out cold. "Your brother..."

"Yea," he says, looking at him, "he suffers from panic attacks, and this one was especially terrifying." Tears of sadness and regret stream down my cheeks, and Toni stares intently at the screen in his hands. "He has no one else but me, right now. When I heard he had an attack, I couldn't just wait."

"How long did you know...?" I sob.

"I had been told he was acting strange by our older brother, who is now in France, about a month ago. I've lived with Feliciano my whole life, and knew it was going to happen." He looks down, holding in his frustrated tears. "Then, I got a call that it was happening. I could hear him screaming in the background of the call. I'm the only one who can calm him when he's like that. He's been sleeping for the last few days. Hopefully, he wakes up soon."

"I understand." I breathe.

"Do you?" He stares at me. I nod my head, touching his cheeks on the screen.

"I-I'm so sorry I acted the way I did."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

I watch as he blows a small kiss at me, and I catch it, placing it in my heart. "I love you, Lovino."

"And I love you." He smiles. We say our goodbyes, and hang up the video call. Toni sighs and looks at me. "So, what are you gonna do?"

I look at him with a newfound determination. "I'm going to Italy."