"I know, right? It's a miracle." He pauses, pursing his lips. "Maybe we should find out what Sang wants."

I shake my head no. "She's not ready for that yet, to admit what it is she wants completely." I look over at him. "She knows, she just needs to let us know in her own time."

"So what do we for now?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"We just take it one day at a time. Tomorrow, we will go to the cabin. The Academy is aware we will be unreachable until Sunday night when we return. We'll just be with her, and she'll just be with us."

"You've thought about this a lot?"

"Since Saturday, Mr Toma. I've been thinking about it since Saturday," I admit.

"And you think it will work? Merging our two teams together and being with Sang, all of us?" 

"I do." My eyes go back to Sang, now sitting on Nathan's shoulders. Her eyes lift and meet mine before flicking to Axel and back again. She sends us both a large wide smile and my heart skips a beat at the beautiful sight. "If it's what we all want, it will work."

Axel

My phone blaring it's ringtone from the table on the patio has me jumping up from where I was sitting next to Owen to answer it. When I see the name on the screen, I don't even hesitate to slide my finger over that answer button. "You're a hard person to get hold of, Coalter."

"Well, if I'm honest, Axel, I wasn't expecting you to call me. I haven't seen or heard from you since Kayli dropped me four months ago for your guys and the Academy," Blake says down the phone, his voice laced with anger.

Just after meeting us, Kayli met Blake Coalter. He was everything the Academy warned against, however, he somehow became apart of our group until he had to leave for some business trip that would last six months. Kayli chose to stay with us, leaving Blake at the airport four months ago. She wouldn't ever admit it, but she loved him and I think she loved him in a completely different way to how she loved us.

"Well, we need some help and you are the only person we could think of to call," I say, as I sit down in one of the lounge chairs. My eyes go to the pool and I watch as Sang pushes herself out of the water, which slides down her incredible body with her movements. Shit, damn. I do not need to admire her when I'm on the phone to someone I love to hate.

"What could I possibly help you with?"

I bow my head, keeping my phone at my ear as I push my fingers into my hair. "We've broken up with Kayli...well, she broke up with us. It's over. But, I need someone to keep an eye on her and you're the only person I trust to do it."

Silence greets me for so long I pull my phone from my ear to see if the the call is still connected. "I'm sorry?" Blake splutters down the phone. "Tell me everything and don't leave anything out."

I tell him how we made our relationship official three months ago but how it just wasn't working. I tell him that slowly our feelings for Kayli started to wane more and more. Then I tell him about the drugs Brandon found and a quick overview of our mission. I keep Sang out of it though, he doesn't need to know about her. "We can't look out for Kayli and work with this other Academy team to bring down this dealer. I still care about Kayli, her health and well being—we all do. We just want to make sure that she doesn't do anything stupid."

"What do you want me to do?"

I chew on my lip as I think about that question. "Pick her up and get her out of Charleston. We think she may be addicted to drugs, take her to rehab to get clean. Keep her safe too."

"Are you sure you don't love her?" he asks.

I close my eyes. I think of the times that Kayli used to make me laugh, how we used to laugh together. I think of the arguments, sometimes pathetic and unnecessary over stupid and silly let things. I think of the last three months, how she distanced herself from us, only calling and texting when she wanted something.

Then I open my eyes at the girly squeal of laughter and I watch with fascination as Corey throws Sang into the water. My lips curl up into a smile on their own, and my heart skips a beat when I take in the smile that's gracing her face. My body hums every time she's near and I find it difficult always keep my eyes off of her. I never had this reaction to Kayli, never. That's gives me the answer I need. "I'm sure," I say into the phone. "I just don't want anything to happen to her, because I do care I just don't love her." I say the words clearly to make sure he heard me.

"Fair enough," Blake murmurs. "I'm in Barcelona right now, but I'll book a flight as soon as I end this call. I can be back in Charleston by the end of tomorrow."

"Thanks, Blake."

"I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for her," he pauses, bring in a deep breath. "And for me too. Maybe I can have a second chance with her."

I wait for a punch of jealousy to hit me, but it doesn't come. This just confirms my feelings for Kayli even more. "I wish you the best. Keep me updated via text, please."

"Sure thing." The line goes dead after his parting words and I drop my phone from my ear and place it back on the table. Standing up, I stretch my arms over my head, stretching out my muscles. It's time to do some swimming.