"I don't even know if I noticed where we were," she said, her eyes still wide in shock.

The fact that she had been publicly exposed wasn't bothering her as much as the fact that this was getting more serious did. Peter had always explained being on the headlights in an excited way, as if there was nothing better than that. He was noticed in the streets, people would yell his name when he passed by and would create dolls and stories based on him, but nothing more. Peter was the type of person to simply go with the flow and not give much importance to the consequences, but June definitely did, and the thought of all the negative outcomes of that exposition had started bugging her and putting her in a state of anxiety she knew way too well.

It had always been nothing but a game, for the both of them. They would jokingly defeat bad guys as if they were in a video game, then go to school as if nothing bad had ever happened. But the night before June had got a concussion, those men had almost snatched Peter's mask from his face and they hadn't noticed cameras that could have exposed something more than just another superhero siding with Spiderman.

"And, by the way, how in the hell did we almost get beaten up by them?" she asked, saying something that had been bugging her as much as her renewed feelings for Peter.

Peter sighed, running a hand through his face. He placed the newspaper back in his bag and gave June his full attention, resting his back on the lockers. "They knew we were coming, but I have no idea of how they possibly could, considering that we make up missions at our houses and see how things turn out. They weren't necessarily too many for me, but they had freaking guns. They could have been prepared to go to war, and I tried to find a way to advise you without being noticed. I think something had gotten away in the way I was looking at the window and they spotted you. I couldn't really think much after they knocked you out and tied you up. It scared the hell out of me, I swear to God."

June nodded at him and looked down at her hands. The few cuts had been sanitized and bandaged, but the pain wasn't even a little closer to the bruise on her forehead.

"I think they caught up with our path. We always go in places that someone tells us about in fear of us killing him. They might have been adviced somehow, and we're too stupid not to be a little more careful in our missions."

June had only in that moment started to realize how superficially they had taken the whole situation.

"I think we should stop," she breathed out, sighing when Peter turned towards her with wide eyes.

"Are you serious?" he asked her, his voice slightly breaking.

"Of course not, but that's what smart people would do."

Peter sent her a death glare and she tiredly smiled. Truth was, she would have really liked to stop. But she knew Peter would have never, and that the powers she had had given her a burden too heavy and evident to ignore it.

Peter was about to say something, since he had noticed that June didn't seem comfortable with the situation, but he got suddenly stopped when Gwen reached the two, giving him a peck on the lips.

"Is everything alright?" she asked, noticing how June's expression had darkened even more than before.

"No, um- everything's alright. How are you doing?" Peter asked, trying to move Gwen towards him to give June some space. The blonde wrapped her arms around his neck and started giving him small pecks on the lips.

"Better now that you're here," she whispered, making Peter melt. He had completely forgotten about June who, in the mean time, had been distracted as well by Simon.

My savior, she thought, smiling kindly at him. He had always managed to appear in the situations when she needed someone the most, mainly when Peter and Gwen were there.

"We have classes together now, right?" he asked, holding his backpack with one hand as the other one was stuffed in his pocket. He was a very quiet kid, always had been since he had arrived in the school, so June had always felt almost flattered by the fact that he would break his wall of silence only for her.

"Yeah," she replied, without even thinking if they actually did. She would have preferred to be considered an idiot when they realized they didn't, more than having to spend another second on her own with Peter and Gwen.

"Well, then, let's go," Simon said, indicating the hallway full of students with his head.

"June!" she stopped from her attempt to follow Simon and turned to look at Peter, who had gently moved Gwen to the side to talk to her –which, by the way, he had never done since they knew each other.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"I'll see you later?" he asked, his eyes hardening when they landed on Simon. She suddenly became extremely pissed, the only thought of why Peter was acting like that making her skin itch.

"I guess," she spat, turning without waiting for Peter to answer and dragging Simon away from the two.

You have NO idea of how many ideas I'm having on this story, I'm like trying to plan a coherent plot but new things always come out and I have to change everything to make them fit but holy shitjhjakdflkjadfjkasndfa I think I'm going crazy

Btw if you think it doesn't make sense that June and Peter are so inexpert, just remember that in Civil War Peter says he's been Spiderman only for six months, and this story is set during and after Civil War.

With that being said, I hope you have an amazing Epiphany (if you have this type of holiday lol, we have it and it's weird af but we have so many sweets you could drown in them) and see you in the next chapter!

love you all,

Elena.