5. Wrath and Chaos

THEODORA

Small glimpse of bliss was the only fragment that I could afford.

Sitting on the bed of my bedroom, I recollected my past days in the darkness. Running was my first thought, but it followed with Mario's safety. A constant battle of the bluff and threats.

It has been a week since Silas and Mario left, along with my new fiancé. A sense of void felt around the house, each corner that used to be hiding spot now just gathers memories. Small recollections of my tears and few laughs were shared in every spot.

I ended up staying... I felt like a coward who couldn't even keep her brother safe.

The front door open and closed loudly and a sick voice yelled, "Theodora! Theodora!"

Dread passed through my veins and I wanted avoid what would happen next, yet I found myself standing up and walking into the dense corridors. I felt myself as a puppet and automatically numbness started to return.

This is how I feel now. Blankness. Numbness. Nothing.

Comfortably numb, I stood in front of my father. The man that once taught me to be paralysed turned different. As he grew older, he wore his feelings while I guarded on my sleeves.

I became a better observant and he became the worst mistake.

I could see he was happy and irritated. Two feelings that I wished that I could feel, but with every passing moment here I get further and further away from myself.

Another figure joined the vast space.

Black and white. Chaos and storm. The devil stood in front of me.

Dressed in a suit and a hint of darkness surrounded the man. There he stood behind my so-called-father unware of what lies in me. I wanted to play the same game as him, but I wondered if I ever would win.

Damon greeted, "Hello, love."

He snapped my thoughts, which led me to nod once and say, "Good evening."

Silas clapped his hands and smiled widely, "Manners. She does remember."

Another emotion evoked within him and I stared carefully. It seemed all so foreign, toxic lessons taught me well to shut me down.

Damon said, "Let's go, love. We have a dinner date."

Silas spoke with little authority over Damon, "Be here by midnight. I don't want a bad reputation."

Damon clapped Silas's back and continued, "Don't worry, she will be here in time."

We walked to Damon's neon red car and got inside. A small glance that suggested that he liked attention and recognition of who he is. Insecurity also laced in him.

Damon started the car in silence and during the car ride, no words were exchanged. Although, this was the silence before a big storm. I could feel his darkness trying to loop me in.

We reached a private restaurant within fifteen minutes. No one resigned the establishment, I dared to ask, "Did you book the whole restaurant?"

Damon laughed and said, "It's is mine, just like you. Here, I can do as I please."

Heart beats. Body breathes, but I am not alive.

I can't even feel fear, only emptiness. I'm aware that the man in front of me can kill me and harm me. He must have enough power that even senses my father's fear.

The waiter comes and puts the plates with food ahead of us. I look at Damon who is already eating and not carrying if I would like it. I should feel hurt, yet I don't, just a void.