Chapter 2

ZACK

She asked softly, "How does anyone know that they are in love?"

Who is this girl?

I looked into her eyes, shining so brightly and it was so dazzling. I saw when the little pink petal dropped on her forehead. She looked up like it was something so intoxicating and I saw her lips turning into a smile. Watching her smile made my breathing catch into my throat... I was mesmerised by her raw beauty.

Soon, all the petals started to fall from the ceiling. I heard few noises, but they were deafened by the girl in front of me. I moved my eyes into her lips and without thinking I started to lower my head. My lips touched her, but I didn't fully kiss her, I was too afraid to break her. She looked so fragile and delicate.

I moved a little back so I could see her turquoise eyes and I answered, "You just know

I moved a little back so I could see her turquoise eyes and I answered, "You just know."

She looked like something was bothering her, but I didn't want to push her. I wanted to stay in this little bubble created by us. After few seconds, she asked me, "So have you been in love?"

I hugged her tighter without knowing, which caused her head to drop into my chest. I could hear her heartbeat, it was the best melody that I ever heard. I don't know what to answer, because I don't know if I...

Her voice distracted me again when she asked me another question, "How did they know?"

She was talking about Matteo and Dahlia. I still remember that night, where all changed. I couldn't understand then, but days later... I started laughing trying to recall all the best moments. I answered her, "It was love at first sight."

She asked me in a haze, "How do you know?"

I swayed with the beat and answered, "Matteo is my brother."

Suddenly, her body changed and she asked me while pulling me away, "What is your name?"

I didn't read into too much. I smiled at her and said, "Zack Donati."

Her eyes dropped and she was staring at the ground. I was taken aback when her eyes didn't glitter anymore. I was about to ask her what was wrong when she looked somewhere and pushed me away. I was about to look behind when her voice distracted me again. She said quickly, "I have to go."

I was shocked by her announcement. What was happening? After my name, everything turned, did she know who I was? Was she afraid? I just wanted to capture her again. I started, "Wait---"

But she didn't let me finish, she just ran into the deep corridors. I followed her but she had disappeared. I thought that she runs outside, but it was quiet.

Where did she go?

The need and the feeling were confusing, never I felt something like this. I just wanted to see her again. I felt incomplete without her... I felt like I knew her from somewhere, but I couldn't pinpoint it. Her blonde hair was intoxicating and her eyes... They made me forget all my surroundings. I wanted to know everything about her. I didn't have a clue how am I going to find her...