Prologue

13 YEARS AGO

Walking on my childhood house with several dark corners, I was looking for my dear Mummy. She had gone missing from Mario's birthday party. I kept walking until I heard loud noises. 

I stopped in front of my Mummy and Father's bedroom door.

I was about to knock like Father had taught me when he opened and looked down at me. 

He looked disgusted by looking at me, almost bringing tears to my eyes, and walked out. I turned my head and stared until he disappeared outside.

I looked into the room and found my Mummy sobbing. I ran to her and asked her, "Mother, why are you crying?"

But her sobs didn't end, I tried again softly, "Mummy, please tell me."

That's when I saw her hand touching her left cheek. I took my tiny hand to bring her hand down. I saw at a red marking. She immediately looked at me with a tiny smile and I asked, "Who did that, Mummy?"

"No one, baby. I just fell, everything is okay. Go outside and play."

Mummy still looked sad and I continued, "But Mummy--"

"GO."

Her single word echoed into the room, it seemed that she let out a scream. I started getting out of her bed with fresh tears, when she said, "I am sorry, baby. I am a bad mother."

I shook my head and said, "No, Mummy." I hugged her with my tiny arms and continued, "Mummy, you are the best!"

She broke the hug and looked into my eyes and said with a tiny smile, "Promise me that you will protect Mario."

I frowned and said, "Mummy, Mario is mean."

She brought me closer to her and said, "Mario is your younger brother. You need to protect him always, even after he is rude to you. Promise me, Dea."

Hearing that name from her enlighten my whole day. She was the only one to call me that, she thought that I was a baby goddess. I replied happy, "I promise, Mummy."

She let out a breath and her eyes smiled. She added softly, "Go play outside with your brother. I will come out in a minute."

I nodded my head and walked outside to find several grown-ups rambling nonsense with each other. I saw my Father with his tight eyebrows and talking with someone that I hadn't seen before. I thought of the times that I was with Father, never once he smiled at me. 

That made me sad, so I started walking to my hiding spot, the large tree with a circular shadow around it. As I was walking, I looked up and the sun was shiny making me squint my eyes. I giggle at the sky for being so happy. I reached my destination and sat under.

I looked down at my flowery dress and smiled. Thinking when Mummy gave me this dress in the morning, telling me that I would look beautiful on it. I had asked if Father would like it and she nodded. I asked again if Father did like me and she nodded again, but I wasn't sure.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up and saw an older boy in front of me with black hair and green eyes. I smiled because he was talking to me, no other kid talked to me. I replied, "Nothing."

With this, the boy frowned and returned interrogating, "What is your name?"

"Dea."

The boy looked at me surprised and asked, "Are you the Goddess?"

I let out a giggle and looked at him and said, "No, silly. Mummy calls me that." I remembered that I hadn't asked him his name, so I continued, "What is your name?"

He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Everybody calls me Z. "

He walked near to me and sat next to me. He continued, "How old are you?"

I looked to my left and said smiling, "Six and you?"

He said "Ten." He continued, "Why are you here alone? Why aren't you playing with others?"

I shrugged and looked at my hands, "Nobody wants to be friends with me. This tree is my favourite place, my happy place, like Mummy says." I added a question, "Where is your Mummy?"

He looked away and said, "I don't have a Mummy."

I said sadly, "Oh."

There was a silence in the air and nature started singing around me. He said after some time, "Do you want to be my friend?"

I immediately looked at him and smiled brightly, and shouted, "Yes! Yes!"

With that, he smiled at me and stood up. He started to running the opposite way. I looked at him and I couldn't see him anymore. I was sad that he didn't even say goodbye to me. I looked down at my hands and my tears started falling.

Another tear was about to fall when I saw something yellow. I looked up and saw him holding a delicate yellow flower with a frown. My lips curled and he asked, "Why are you crying?"

I wiped my tears with the back of my tiny hands and I took the flower. I looked at it and closed my eyes when I smelled the flower. My first friend and my first flower. I said, "Because I am so happy that you are my friend."

He was about to ask something when I heard my Mummy calling me in the distance, "Dea! Dea!"

I looked at my house's direction and stood up. I was running towards her when I saw the flower in my hand. Mummy told me to always say thank you. I run back when I saw the boy still there. 

I stood on tip toes, but I couldn't reach him. I tried again but he was so tall, then I push him down and planted a tiny kiss on his cheek. 

I smiled once again and whispered, "Thank you, Z."

Then, I ran fast without looking back.

Little did I know that was the last time I would smile freely and would see the boy.
Or so I thought.

------------------------

A/N:

A new era is here.

What did you think about this chapter?
Are you confused or you have an idea what this chapter was about?
If so, drop a comment and tell me.

READ, VOTE, COMMENT!!