Chapter 1

I woke up to an awful alarm my dad set for me. I heard a knock on my door. After a few minutes of just laying in silence a voice spoke calmly. "Shay, it's me daddy" I rolled my eyes, stretched and answered the door. I plopped back on my bed and he sat at the foot of the bed. The silence was awkward and unbearable so I decided to start conversation. "Dad you do realise I'm eighteen now, right?" He nodded sadly, "I just don't want my beautiful daughter to grow up, why it seems like yesterday I was chosen to lead battery city with your mother!".

I rolled my eyes.

"I have a mission for you, shay."

My eyes lit up with joy. I love going out on missions, in a odd way it's exciting even though it's kind of meant to be boring and deadly. I really enjoy the missions my father sets up for me though, I'm his most trusted 'worker' or 'Drac' I guess you could say.

"And what might that be?" A smirk plastered on my face. He saw I was excited and walked outside my room and brought along a bag that contained: colourful clothes, a mask, paint and a bandana.

"What the hell is this?" I scrunched my face up.

One) I don't do colours, two) mask? Three) bandana? What does he think I am? A killjoy?

"Your an undercover killjoy, now get to work!" He spoke calmly. "Get to wo- get to work? You expect me to pretend to be a killjoy? Are you crazy? What the hell? I thought you were mad but not this mad!" I complained. "Come on! Give it a chance! You might see your uncle!" He chuckled. "Uncle?" I asked hesitantly. "Yeah, uncle. You'll know him when you see him, okay?" He chuckled once more.

I mentally face palmed myself. "Colours dad, really?" I questioned the whole idea calmly than my previous tone. "Just get these clothes on that I've got tailored for you. NOW!" He playfully punched my arm.

He walked out my room and I got to work.

My dad got me slightly slutty clothes..

A tank top that read killjoys never die showing my bare back, Denim shorts with the killjoy spider belt buckle on my belt with tights on underneath. Then converse that had one of my favourite quotes, the sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead. Don't get me wrong, I love these clothes but being a killjoy and being away from home? Plus they hate my dad. What did my dad ever do to them?

"I'm dressed!" I screamed so my dad would be aware I'm descent. "Who's my beautiful fake killjoy?" He cooed as he walked through my room. He got up to my face and pinched my cheeks just like he'd do when I was little.

"I-I am?" I stuttered.

"That's right. Now go get them, destroya!"

"Wait dad! Are you sure I should do this? I mean.. Killjoy? Colours? I look weird.. It's all so foreign to me!" I complained. "Sweetie, I'm certian that you are up for the job, give it a shot?" He asked. "FINE!" I huffed dramatically. "Meet me outside in a hour and then you'll proceed with your mission, okay?" He asked. "Yes dad." I sighed.

"Okay, I'll be goin now. I suggest you pack stuff in a backpack sweetie!" He said sweetly and disappeared from my room. "Yes dad.." I whispered.

I picked up a old backpack that was still intact and stuffed clothes in. I stuffed my diary, pyjamas and drawing pad with my inks.

I kept on thinking about the 'fabulous killjoys' and how many encounters we've had, not all pleasant either. Most of them included my father saying his catchphrase 'keep running!' In a taunting manor. I can see sort of why they hate him but hate is such a powerful word. I don't think I could ever hate my dad. I began to think of their weaknesses. I know the one with cherry bomb hair has a phobia of needles, a severe case. I smirked and thought about how I could give the killjoys a slow and painful death.

Getting them one by one...