In love with Nathan Sykes

PART 26

Jayne and the boys turned up pretty quickly, and so did the ambulance. We soon got Nathan to hospital and he went to have stitches put in head forehead. We sat in the waiting room. They had left the rest of the girls at home with Siva, who hated hospitals. Alice had met them at home to tell them what happened. Jay paced the floor with a worried expression on his face. I broke the silence.

“Jay what’s up?”

“This is all my fault...”

“No it’s not, you didn’t know that Vicki b*tch was stood there.” I got a concerned look from the others, but it was Jay who spoke still.

“Wait. That girl who kissed him at the show last night?” I nodded. “And auditioned to be one of our dancers?”

“Yup.” Jay and Max exchanged a look.

“There’s always one.” Max said quietly, rolling his eyes.

“What?” I said confused.

“There’s always one auditionee that can’t take failure, and gets so jealous that they torment the life of the person who got in their way which in this case,” Tom said calmly, “Is you.” My face fell.

“So this is all...my fault...” I said, not much above a whisper. Jayne was already dialling a number.

“Don’t worry Rachel, I will get her details from the team so if anything happens we can contact the police. We can also bump up the security and...” Jayne was talking fast, but I wasn’t listening. I could only think about one thing. Nathan was in pain. He was hurt because of me. This was all my fault.

I felt Jay’s arms around me as a tear rolled down my cheek. I couldn’t believe it. I felt awful. Soon all of the boys were trying to comfort me, but I couldn’t listen. My world just stopped. I wanted to be with Nathan. I wanted him to hold me and tell me everything would be ok, and that none of this was my fault. I knew that I wouldn’t believe it, even coming from him. I would still blame myself.

I started breathing heavily, and I felt myself get light headed. I couldn’t stop myself. I heard the boys shouting for a doctor around me but I could only think of one word. Nathan. I felt three pairs of strong arms lift me into a wheelchair. A breeze whipped my face as I was rushed down a long corridor, the tears being pushed back across my face. I felt my chest collapse, and tried to gasp for air. I saw Nathan’s worried face in front of me.

“Nathan?” I said, but it sounded like more of a whisper that pained my chest.

“Yeah I’m here Rach. It’s going to be fine ok? I’m fine, it was just a bump. You’re going to be ok, I promise.” He babbled on. I reached up to gently touch his cheek.

“I love you Nathan Sykes. Never forget that.” He nodded and a tear rolled down his cheek. I saw the world around me black out, and the last thing I heard was Nathan singing to me.

...I want it all, or nothing at all, to have you here,

Some people fall to hold on to their tears,

And if you want it all, I’ll do anything, to see this through,

And if I fall, my heart holds on to you...