Rehearsals

PART 14

I woke up still in Nathan’s arms. I looked up at his face. He was absolutely perfect. His hair had fallen over his eyes. I felt him starting to wake up, so I shut my eyes and pretended to still be asleep. He gently kissed my forehead.

“Rachel you’re not fooling anyone.” He whispered with a smile. I fluttered my eyes open and grinned at him.

“Morning.” I murmured, aware of how my voice would sound fist thing in the morning. Two words...not attractive. Nathan sat up and stretched before saying morning back. I sat up with him, and looked at the clock.

“Holy crap!” I said, a lot louder than I intended to, “What time did Jayne say we had to be at the studio?”

“10. Why?” Nath asked, a little confused. I looked at the clock again.

“Nath...its quarter to...”

“CRAP!” He said, and we both jumped out of the bed.

“Shotgun bathroom!” I shouted, running downstairs to get the clothes that mum had dropped off for me. I heard Nathan complaining behind me that it wasn’t fair, but I didn’t answer. I grabbed my grey joggers , loose TW shirt and my flat cap (thank you mum!) and quickly ran into the bathroom. I got changed as fast as I could and came out, only to see Nathan fully dressed in front of me. We ran down the stairs together, and apologized to all of the others who were already waiting for us. We all got in the van and drove to the studio.

In the van I sat next to Nathan, and me, him, Jay and Alice were joking and laughing the whole way there. Those two made such a cute couple. I couldn’t help but think why Nathan hadn’t asked me to be his girlfriend yet. Maybe he didn’t like me in that way? But he had kissed me, twice. He had sung to  me and called me beautiful. Last night we slept together. Did none of that mean anything to him? I kept thinking about this all of the way to the studio. When we got there, Jay shook me out of my daydream, and when Nathan asked me what the matter was, I just told him that I was still tired. He didn’t seem to believe me, but didn’t argue which was good I guess. He helped me out of the van again, and we walked towards the studio entrance. Once inside, we split into the band members, and dancers. Nathan kissed me on the cheek before leaving, and all the others kissed goodbye too.

We got into the studio and choreographed routines for Lose My Mind, Gold Forever, Glad You Came, Lightning and Behind Bars. I was surprised at how quickly we got all of the dances finished. After about an hour, we practiced the dances with them in their places. It felt like our first audition again when they walked in. I sighed. They were so perfect.

The last hour of rehearsals sped by, and soon it was time to go and see the stylist. We all had separate stylists that we had to go and see. Mine was called Debbie, and she was a tall woman with curly blonde hairs and blue eyes. She was really nice actually. She spoke to me about what I thought my personal style was, so I told her that I liked the commercial street style, with leather jackets and leggings, and that I loved flat caps. She nodded and went into the wardrobe department to see what she could find.

She came out with a pair of light blue ripped denim shirts, and a t-shirt that was a silverish grey, with rips down the front. She gave them to me to try on. She then went into another room and brought out a black flat cap with a silver star and silver writing that said “Dancer” in twirly writing. I put this on as well as knee high white socks with three black stripes at the top, and silver high tops, and looked in the mirror. I grinned, I looked awesome! I hugged her to say thank you. I got changed back into my comfy clothes and shoved my new clothes into a bag for the show. I said bye to Debbie and ran outside to meet the others.

I was bombarded by a hug from Nathan, which I was definitely not expecting. I didn’t even think that they would be finished with their stylists to be honest. He wrapped his arms around my waist and whispered to me.

“Hey gorgeous.” I just smiled up at him. I looked over his shoulder at the others, who were all hugging and kissing in their couples. Even Lucy and Tom was an official couple by now.

We got back in the van and I must have fallen asleep on Nathan’s shoulder, because when I woke up I was in his arms on his bed. I opened my eyes slowly.

“What time is it?” I whispered groggily.

“Half six, we need to leave in a bit.” I noticed that there was no sound coming from downstairs.

“Where are the others?”

“At the arena, sound checking. I said I’d stay here until you woke up.” I sat up quickly and rubbed my eyes.

“We had better get going then.” I grinned and kissed him on the cheek. We went downstairs and grabbed our costume bags before running out to the taxi that was waiting for us. Within ten minutes we were at the arena. Nathan kissed me quickly, before running to the stage to join the boys. I ran to the dancer’s changing room. The girls all jumped on me, screaming and bouncing around like happy puppies. I rolled my eyes before running to get changed. I put on my new outfit, curled my hair and put on some stage make up.

When I left the toilets, the girls were all going over the routines. They looked amazing in their costumes. We all had silver based outfits which made us look alike but different. I jumped into my position for Lose My Mind and practiced the dance. After about five minutes, the stage manager knocked on our door and told us it was show time. We all screamed and then followed him down the corridor to the stage.

We stood on the platform with the boys, who were all giving each other good luck hugs. They gave us all a group hugs, each boy kissed their girlfriend, and Nathan kissed my cheek.

“Good luck beautiful.”He whispered in my ear and I smiled.

“You too.” He smiled at me as the lights in the arena dropped. We took our places. The music for Behind Bars started and the platform rose.