Moving in

PART 20

An hour, two suitcases, and three tea breaks later we finally finished packing. We loaded the cases into my car, and I got into the driver’s seat. Nathan stood outside, so I wound down the window.

“Are you getting in or what?” He looked at me as if I had a second head. “What’s up?”

“You can drive?”

“Err yeah! What don’t you trust me?” I said in a patronising voice.

“No actually I don’t!”

“Fine then, I’ll see you at home.” I revved the engine, and he quickly clambered in the door.

“You’re evil. You know that right.” He said a small smirk on his lips. I grinned.

“That’s why you love me.” He rolled his eyes and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled, and started driving towards my new home. The Wanted’s new album started blaring out, so I quickly turned it off. Nathan smiled at me, and turned it back on, singing along softly to his own voice.

...The memory of being here with you

Is one I’m gonna take my life through

Cuz some days stay gold forever...

“Could you please stop that?” I asked, pretending to be angry. He knew me too well, so I stopped pretending, “Unless you particularly want me to crash?”

“Sorry.” He said, acting like a naughty schoolboy. I laughed at him. We drove for a little while, both of us singing the lyrics to whatever song came on the radio (I made him turn off the cd.) We pulled up outside the house, and grabbed my bags from the boot. We hadn’t told anyone that we were back together, so we acted as if we hated each other. Once inside the house Nath took my bags up to his room.  Alice and Jay were the first to come up to me.

“How did it go?” Alice asked nervously. I just shook my head, and looked at the floor. They both pulled me in for a hug.

“Can you guys go into the living room, me and Nathan need to talk to you all.” I said in a shaky voice. They nodded and went in with everyone else. By this point, Nath had reappeared.

“I’m impressed.” He whispered, and kissed me gently. I kissed him back quickly, took a deep breath and walked into the room, with Nathan close behind me.

“Guys...we need to tell you something,” I said shakily, “After everything that happened last night...me and Nathan are...”

“...Totally back to normal!” Nathan finished, putting his arm around my waist. Everyone smiled and piled into a group hug.