Assassins Creed- Instinct

Ezio's POV

Wandering the rooftops at night was often something I found myself doing.

The drunkards were spilling from the taverns, tankards in hand. They were singing, dancing, and just having a good time.

I smirked to myself at the thought of having free time. Now I worked as a fully fledged assassin, I had no such time to have any real fun.

I perched on the edge of a rooftop, peering down on the oblivious civilians below me. I sub- conciously flicked my blade in and out and wondered what father would have thought about me now. Would he be proud of me? After all, it was his wish for me to become an assassin.

A violent gasp from the below street pulled me from my train of thought.

Cara's POV

I knew full well it was way past curfew, and the guards would be out, but I stayed out nonetheless. I was in the tavern doing extra tedious hours as a barmaid.

I strolled, feeling relieved at the clear air, into the cool city streets. The open space was what I needed, after being stuck in an overcrowded tavern for a couple of hours with no break.

I gazed up at the stars, and wondered how Mama,Papa,and Vincent were doing. They had passed away afew years ago, when our house was stormed and burned to ashes by Templars. I wondered if they would be proud of me, and how much I had matured in the years since their demise. Papa had given me a key which I kept around my neck at all times- he said to go to the rose bush at the bottom of our garden and open the box there on my 18th birthday. "That's when you'll be ready," he had said. I had no foresight as to what was in it, however, I knew it was something big.

I was torn from my thoughts by a vicious call from a gritty voice I didn't recognise.

"Hey, sigñora!" A group of four guards were now chasing after me.

Meraviglioso.

Ezio's POV

I watched intently as she ran down the street, towards me.

The girl had flowing chestnut curls which mingled with the wind, and just tanned skin. She looked young, but carried a gravity that suggested maturity beyond her years.

She was very light on her feet, meaning I barely heard her run- just a light patter.

One of the guards managed to shove her shoulder into the wall, and I gritted my teeth. It took all my will not to go down there and kill those guards. But something was telling me to stay, to see how she would handle herself.

"Birbante!" They spat at her. One guard swung his sword at her, which she grabbed the blade of and wrenched out of his hands. She didn't look like she carried any such strength to do so, with relatively thin arms.

"Mi lasci en pace!" She retorted. She also held authority in her voice. One slightly larger guard swung at her with his sword, which she deflected, creating a loud clang. She plunged the sword deep into his chest, her face stone, eyes determined. The girl's jaw dropped in awe, as though she was surprised at her own actions. She turned her attention back to the other guard, noticing his presence again. Having slashed at his hand so he dropped his weapon, she cut deeply into his neck. He fell, dead, to the floor.

Only a few seconds later, she fell to the floor, clutching at her torso. An archer from an adjacent rooftop had shot her in her side.

I caught sight of a brute, about to impale the girl on his axe. I decided to step in, and descended from the rooftop, stabbing him with my hidden blades as I did so. The other guard had ran away.

"Codardo." I seethed.

I was so caught up with the guards, that I hadn't even realised that the woman had ran away. She truly was light on her feet.

A/N- First go at an Assassin's Creed story! I know this was short but the updates will be frequent :) Hopefully it wasn't too bad ;) ~Jess

signora- lady

Meraviglioso- marvellous

birbante- rogue/ troublemaker

mi lasci en pace- leave me alone/ in peace

codardo- coward