6. The Proposal...

Start from the beginning

I nod back, loosing my words when June's stubborn voice growls inside my mind. Stop looking at him like that! We have our Mate bitch!

Yeah, a good for nothing Mate who isn't even here for us, I reply rather sharply, making her quiet.

"How's your head?" He asked gently, touching my forehead to check my temperature.
I hear Xavier's, Ryan's, and Zayn's wolf growl in union the second his hand glazes my head but I make June snarl them shut.

They fall dreadfully cold, but I could see Christina place a hand on Xavier, Angel tug Ryan's hand and Mia look at Zayn with a are-you-serious face. I was happy they had their Mates. Someone who can comfort you in your darkness and most low at times but I was even more sad that I had mine and also that he wasn't here.

"How does it feel when I place my hand on your head?" His hand laid flat on my head, increasing the pressure. My head felt as if it were to explode, blood pounding the veins by my ears and my nerves stung.

"It's hurts," I reply in a small voice like a child because I was biting my lower lip with so much force, it instantly began to throb. The second those words slip out of my mouth he removed his hand.

"Guess your wolf's taking longer to heal than I anticipated. I'm guessing some morphine should help in lowering the pain." He sighed before taking out his phone and makes a call, standing up. He looks at Xavier and announcing he'll departure to have someone bring a bag of morphine soon, before stepping of the door leaving me alone again with my brothers.

"Where's my Mate?" I ask in a timidly as Xavier reclaims his seat again by my side. His expression hardened after the mentioning my Mate, but instead he starts to stroke my hair back as a single tear slips down my cheek. He looks into my eyes with a type of sadness clouding with his eyes.

He wipes the tear away before saying, "Away from here Nora, away from you."

"Why?" I burst, nearly in tears.

"Nora, he'll be back," Ryan moans from behind Angel. I turn my head toward him as he hides his eyes from me.

"When?" I ask, as Xavier wipes another flyaway tear, so I turn back towards him.

"Soon," was all he replied, before looking away from me just as Ryan had.

"What happened? Why are all you guys quiet?" I ask rather obnoxiously loud like a bubble within me ready to pop.

"Nora, you need to-" Angel started but I cut her off.

"NO! Not until you guys tell me what's happening! What going on with you all?" I yell, moving my head away from Xavier's hands. His eyes widen from my outburst but before a word could appear out of his mouth, the shut door flys opens.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting but I had the meds for Nora. I could wait outside if you want me too Alphas," Dr. O'Brien asked ever so politely with a bow that Xavier dismissed.

"No. Please proceed," he was going to rise when Dr.O'Brien stopped him, saying it was unnecessary for him to take a seat. Ryan steps out with an excuse of making a phone call leaving Angel with me, her concerned filled eyes, gleaming with worry.

Christina took a step back as Dr. O'Brien walked in front of her, with a large smile, making Christina blush- which Xavier doesn't seemed to notice. His eyes were concentrated on mine with a type of fire burning within them.

I glance behind Xavier, to see the doctor place the bag of morphine on the stand and start uncoiling it's long tube.

He takes the tube over Xavier's head and down besides the IV drip and sits down next to Xavier.