Chronicle 40

Do you Believe in Magick Creatures?

I have seen some. They hide in plain sight. Right before your eyes. Some have blended, becoming apart of our world. Their blood is in ours. Carried from one generation to the next.

Others still, are just here. They blend in with illusion, magick. Shifting their features, subtly, so that the average human can not see through the mask and see the real underneath.

I met a man, he was little. Maybe 4 foot if lucky (clever play on words here), he would have reminded you of anyone's grandfather. Given that was his illusion. But underneath, was something different. Large pointed ears, laugh lines that recessed more deeply, uncommonly so. Health and vitality rose off of him, while the illusion was that of old and frail. Merriment. It was as much him as he was. And eyes that truly sparkled. Brightest of the blue sapphires. Life. Happiness. Merriment. Magick.

It was all there. And all hidden to the average human who looked and never saw. They are here. They are around us. Always in sight, yet hidden so well.

*CAN YOU GUESS WHAT HE WAS? FIRST TO ANSWER CORRECTLY WILL HAVE THIS CHRONICLE DEDICATED TO THEM!*

© 2014, Aelfwynn MacGregor, AMB