Alone Time - Chapter 11

Ally's Perspective:

Days were passing by fast and we spent our mornings at the beach relaxing and swimming. At lunch time, we would go to the same restaurant we visited on the first night. By now, they knew us by first name and even saved us "our booth" during the lunch time rush. Ava would often tag along if she wasn't busy. I was really enjoying my time with Dylan. He was always making me laugh and he when I was around him, I never stopped smiling.

In the evenings, we'd order pizza and watch movies till we fell asleep. I was truly happy with my life, even if my distant family and friends were growing even more distant. Everything was so different now, but I didn't mind.

"It's time to wake up sleepy head," a deep voice called. I opened my eyes to see Dylan sitting opposite of me, shirtless with shorts on. I giggled taking in the view.

"Have you been running?" I asked, still half asleep.

"No," he said, laughing and sitting on the edge of my bed. He peeled the covers off my body.

"No I'm sleepy," I protested, turning to face the alarm clock sitting near my bed.

"Dylan it's 5am, it's not 'time to get up'," I said mocking his voice and rolling over onto my tummy. He chuckled and in one swift move he picked me up and carried me in his arms.

"Dylann!" I laughed uncontrollably, trying to sound stern.

"Allyyy!" He cried in a high pitched voice, trying to imitate me. He walked out the balcony doors and set me down as we shared a few moments of laughter.

"Look," he said, pointing to the rising sun. My mouth dropped at the sheer beauty of the orange filled sky.

"Wow," I said in awe, crossing my arms to hide the fact I wasn't wearing a bra.

"Not as beautiful as you," he replied quickly watching my face to see my reaction.

"Come on," he instructed grabbing my hand and leading me inside.

"I'm sleepy," I said, glancing at the clock.

"Then sleep," he said pulling back his covers and climbing into his bed, patting the empty space next to him.

"No, my bed is fine," I said nervously.

"I'll cry," he said, trying to sound serious. I laughed walking towards my bed.

"Please princess," he said, sniffing.

"Only if you never call me that again," I said, whipping my head in his direction.

"Deal," he said, smiling as I climbed in resting my back against his warm body.

He wrapped his strong arms around my waist and pulled me closer. Dylan fell asleep almost instantly, grunting occasionally and muttering random words. I was pretty sure I heard him say my names a few times. I kept thinking about watching the sunrise and how perfect this whole trip had been, minus the Alex drama and the bullies Ava encountered. Soon after that, I smiled drifting off to sleep.

I woke up to the faint sound of music playing. As I peeked one eye open, I could see a butt naked Dylan facing the wall opposite from the bed.

"Dylann, you're naked," I screeched, covering by eyes.

"Whoops sorry," he said, laughing it off.

"Hey your friend kept phoning so I answered," he declared.

"She wants to go shopping."

"What'd you tell her?" I asked. "Just that you were sleeping," he replied.