History Homework - Chapter 5

Dylan's Perspective:

As I received Ally's text message, I had a huge smile on my face. I finished my delicious piece of pie, I grabbed my history book and my phone and practically ran out the door. After my 5 step walk was finished, I knocked on the door of Ally's house, and she answered. "Hi..." she said, with a smile on her face.

"Hey..." I replied, smiling and looking down at my shoes.

"Well come on in, my books are up in my bedroom." As I made my way up her staircase, I turned the corner and went into her bedroom. One wall was covered in posters of what seemed to be, her favorite bands.

"You like Mayday Parade?" I asked, with a bit too much excitement in my voice.

"Yeah...they're one of my favorite." She stated, smiling again. She invited me to sit on her bed next to her, which I did. "So you see, all you really have to do is write about your choice of a famous battle of WWII. So first, you have to choose a battle, and then write a summary about it!" I said, confidently.

"Alright, well how about...." She pointed to one, and it was one of my favorite battles.

"Oh! I love that one. It's very fascinating and that's the one I actually wrote about. The battle of D-Day was fought on June 6th, 1944 between Allies and Nazi Germany." I said, pointing to the book as a guide. I looked up and made eye contact with her. We both knew what we were thinking, and leaned in for a kiss.

Suddenly, her father interrupted and said "Ally! Pizza is here. Come and get it." We leaned away from each other and shared a laugh. She ran downstairs and got a box of pizza, and we ate a few slices. As we shared one last hug for that day, I went downstairs and shook her father's hand. "Thank you for the pizza, sir." I said, respectfully.

"No problem, thank you for helping her with her homework."

I went back out the door and took the five steps back home. I went up into my room and turned out the lights, then sat at my desk with the desk lamp on. I had not put blinds on the windows yet, and I was feeling a little paranoid. Suddenly, a light came on in the window parallel to mine. I looked up and couldn't believe my eyes. Ally's window was right across from mine. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and sent her a message. "Hey...look up..." Almost instantly, she pulled the blind up and I could see her blush a deep red, and smile again.

"Really? Parallel windows?" She replied, making me chuckle.

"Yeah..." I replied.

"Alright, well I was wondering if you could take me to school tomorrow?" She sent, with a smiley face.

"Of course! I'll pick you up at 7:30." Her blind shut and the light went off.

"Goodnight." She sent, as her last text message.

"Night." I replied with a bit of sadness. I finished my homework and turned out my desk light, and laid on my cold mattress.

"Wow...she's beautiful, amazing, and perfect...she even likes Mayday Parade...who would've known..." I thought to myself, as I drifted off to a deep sleep.

                                                                         Ally's Perspective:

I grabbed my laptop and ordered the pizza online, they never understood me over the phone. I tied my hair up, gathered my books and put them on my bed. The doorbell rang and I shut off my music and ran downstairs. I opened the door and glanced at the tall figure standing outside, shifting foot to foot. "Hi..." I stated shyly.

"Hey," he said, smiling and looking at his feet.

"Come in," I said walking inside. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and sent a quick text to my Dad telling him I ordered pizza and had a friend over. After the door shut, I ran up the stairs into my room with Dylan following close behind.