Night in Town - Chapter 7

Dylan's Perspective:

"I thought you were going to unpack?" Ally asked, looking over at me

. "I did." I said, pointing to the drawer with the mess of clothes shoved into it.

Ally sighed, "Hold on, I'll do it for you."

She got up and went over and started pulling out my clothes, to fold them. I went over behind her, "Hey it's okay."

She turned around and leaned against the wall. I started leaning in for a kiss, but suddenly my phone vibrated. 

 I reached into my pocket and looked at my phone. "Help." The text said. I jumped to my feet and ran to the door joining our rooms, unlocking it and pushing it open. Two girls and a boy were surrounding the bathroom door, which I knew Ava was in.

"Hey! Everyone back away from that door, now!" I shouted, as the bullies looked startled. They backed away and I looked at the two kids who weren't supposed to be in that room. "You two, get back to your own room. You're supposed to be unpacking!" I yelled.

They ran out the door with fear in their eyes, and I opened the bathroom door. Ally came in through the joining door and ran into the bathroom also. Ava was sat there, on the counter, bleeding from her wrist. I picked her up and brought her into me and Ally's room and sat her on my bed. "What happened?! What did they do?"

I practically yelled. Ally came over and said, "Go talk to that girl in there, I'll help Ava." I went into room 508 and saw the girl putting her clothes away.

"What's your name?" I stated firmly.

"Um...Destiny..." She said, fear in her eyes. "If you don't behave, I'll personally ask Mrs. Carmen for you to leave immediately. Just leave Ava alone, and if you don't, I'll know. So behave. Got it?" She nodded, and I went back into my room and locked the door. Ally was sitting next to Ava on the bed, bandaging up her wrist and sliding the bracelets back over the bandages.

There was a knock on the door, and I went to go answer it. "You are free to go eat dinner out in town. There will be taxis waiting outside for you. They'll take you anywhere you want!" Mrs. Carmen said, much too excitedly. She struted back down the hallway, and I looked over at the girls. I picked up the directory and we found a place to go eat dinner. We put on some nicer clothes, and went down to the lobby and called for a taxi. Once we got to the restaurant, I opened the door for them and we sat in a booth near the corner. Ally and I sat on one side, and Ava on the other.

Once we ordered our food, we started talking about the trip and school back home. Without thinking, I placed my hand onto Ally's thigh. I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw her blush deep red. She put her hand on mine, and we interlocked fingers. Acting completely normal, holding hands under the table. Our food came, and we never stopped holding hands. 

After eating, we got back in our taxi and decided to go back to the hotel, saving the beach for tomorrow. When we got into the lobby, Mrs. Carmen approached us. "I suppose you enjoyed your dinner?" She asked, smiling.

"Yes, it was very good!" Ally said, reaching back for my hand. We walked up to our rooms, and I asked Ava if she was going to be alright. She nodded, and went into room 508.

When Ally and I went into our room, we admired the view once more, and I pulled her in my embrace. "Goodnight." I said, whispering in her ear. "Night," she replied. We both took turns in the bathroom, changing into our more comfortable clothes. We lied down in our separate beds and quickly fell asleep.

                                                                         Ava's Perspective:

As Dylan and Ally ordered their food, I whispered to Ally "I'm not hungry," and put my headphones in. I started listening to Of Mice & Men. I started tapping my foot and ordered a water. I didn't smile, look or speak to Dylan or Ally, I was too embarrassed. When we got into the taxi, I laid my head on Ally's shoulder. "Are you okay?" Ally said, sounding concerned.

"Yeah." I said, lying. We arrived at the hotel and went up to our rooms. I told them goodnight and hurried off inside my room. I took the bandages off and went into the bathroom, undressed and took a shower. I stood there, letting the cold water hit my back. I began washing my hair, when I started thinking bad thoughts, but I pushed them out. I started singing My Chemical Romance as I rinsed my hair out. I then changed into a BMTH hoodie and put some sweatpants on. I brushed my hair and teeth, then I went towards my bed, laid down and fell asleep.

                                                                        Ally's Perspective:

Millimeters away from his face his phone buzzed. 'Really?!' I thought to myself. I think the world has something against us kissing. After reading the message, he shot to his feet and ran to the door that joined our room with next door. He unlocked both doors and disappeared inside. After taking a few moments to gather my thoughts, I could hear Dylan's deep voice shouting angrily. The shouting stopped so I decided to see what was happening so I wandered through into Ava's room. I saw her sat on the bathroom counter and ran in, sliding on the cold tiles. I was speechless as blood poured down her wrist. Dylan scooped her body up in his strong arms and carried her to our room, sitting her on his bed. He started pacing angrily.

"What happened?! What did they do to you?" He yelled, clenching his jaw. Trying to calm him down, I moved closer to him.

"Go talk to that girl in there, I'll help Ava," I instructed as he moved his body accordingly.  

"Darling you'll be okay," I said to Ava as I turned my body in the direction of my suitcase. Walking back across the room anger grew inside of  me, thinking about what Ava had been through. I gently grabbed her blood stained arm and cleaned it up trying my best not to hurt her. "Pierce The Veil," she smiled. After delicately sliding the bracelets over her sore, arm there was a knock at the door. Dylan came back in to answer it.

"You are free to go eat dinner out in town. There will be taxis waiting outside for you. They'll take you anywhere you want!" Mrs. Carmen said cheerfully, hurrying down the hall. Dylan shut the door and grabbed the directory and started reading it. He set the book down, smiled and walked into the bathroom with fresh clothes. Ava got the clue and wandered back into her room to get changed. I quickly slipped on a nicer shirt, new jeans and walked to the mirror to fix my hair. Ava walked back through and muttered

"Ready," as Dylan emerged from the bathroom. Once we made our way down to the lobby, I began thinking about how much things have changed.

I hadn't seen Charlotte or talked to her in awhile, nor had I seen any of my friends. Were they avoiding me? We got into the nearest taxi and Dylan told him where we wanted to go. The ride was so quiet. I guess everyone was thinking because nobody spoke. Dylan held the door open while I scuttled through with Ava close behind.

We sat down in a booth and picked up our menus. After ordering we talked about random things. Suddenly, I felt something on my thigh. I looked down to see Dylan's large hand resting on it. My face turned betroot red and he smiled at me like it was the most casual thing ever. My heart was racing as I slowly put my hand on top of his. Our food came and neither of us let go. We finished our food and climbed back into the taxi. 

Again the car ride was quiet and I guessed it was because we were all tired from the journey. We arrived at the hotel fairly quickly. Walking into the hotel side by side, we spotted Mrs. Carmen.

"I suppose you enjoyed your dinner?" She asked cheerfully.

"Yes, it was very good!" I replied, eager to get to bed.

As we returned to our room, the sun was setting. Both Dylan and I stunned into silence, we stared out the large window. My attention then turned to the giant next to me. His eyes were glowing again and looked so perfect. Snapping me out of my trance, he pulled me into a warm hug. I blushed and wrapped my arms around his body. 'I've never been so attracted to somebody in my life,' I thought as he breathed "Goodnight," into my ear.

"Night," I replied. He let go and I walked into the bathroom, changing into my summer pajamas. I laid down on my bed and smiled thinking of how close we were getting.