Library Fee Blues | A. Hamilton

"NOW DON'T COME BACK TILL THE FINES ARE PAID!!!" Yelled the furious librarian at Alexander. The lonely, stranger to America; the land of the free. Alexander sat on the curb thinking about how is going to pay for his fines when he can barely pay rent and food.

Plus, he didn't have a ride. All of his roommates went out for drinks to celebrate the start of college. Alexander didn't want to waste his time drinking, but reading and studying. 'Remember from what you came' he thought silently to himself.

Then three girls all wearing matching sweaters and skirts, one pink, one blue and another one yellow. The girl in pink and the other in blue, stopped in their tracks and looked at Alexander.

   "What do you want?" The one in pinked hissed at Alexander. He shies away from her, in fear that she might slap him, like her words did.

   "W-what do you mean, I-I didn't even..." He stutters out trying not to tremble in fear from the intimidating girls.

   "AH SAVE IT!" The one in blue said. "You want the Schuyler sisters." Then her and her sisters snapped in unison.

   "The who sisters?" He asked. He had a feeling he was suppose to know. No matter what. But he realized that must take when it was too late.

   "You know you just want us like all the others boys like you do." The little one in yellow added on. He shift his glance to the three, trying to figure out a way out of this mess.

   "Well...I...uh...didn't..." He slowly crawled in a crouching position extending his hand out, hitting the brick building behind him. Then he saw his savior. A girl with e/c eyes,
h/c, wearing a f/c shirt with black f/b (favorite type if bottoms, jeans, leggings, etc.,)

"HEY! What in Washington's good name are dong to this poor chap!" She yelled, her h/c hair moving as she pointed an accusing finger at the girls. "Hey kid, are you okay?" She asked extending her s/t hand to Alexander. Then the girl in blue shoved the savior in f/c away from him.

"Y/n! Don't trust him! He's going to steal your money 'cause he got a library fine, and he can't pay up." She spat as her words were and felt like venom. The girl named Y/N turned to the girl in blue with solemn eyes.

"Eliza... What happen to the sweetheart I remember living next for years?" She tenderly grabbed Eliza's hand, but Eliza moved her hand away from Y/N and sneered.

"You mean you USED to! Then you moved to the worst city in the world, Brooklyn." Hissed the girl in yellow (I am so sorry to whoever does live in Brooklyn, it's just for the story)

"So if I did." Y/N deadpanned. "I'm not sorry about that... The only think I'm sorry about is that you three can talk to anyone that isn't in your social class." She said with a straight face. I was shocked at her courage and the fact that she defended a total stranger like me.

"Hmf!" The three girls said in unison and stormed away, furious because they've been told off, which has never happen till you walked to corner to grab your coffee.

"God... I remember when they were so nice, Are you okay?" She turned to me, again extending a hand to Alexander. He grabbed it and got up with her assistance.

"I'm fine... Minus the point that I have a fifty dollar fine, so the librarian banned me from the place, also my friends are out somewhere in downtown getting drunk off their asses and I'm just waiting for them or someone to pick me up." He flashed her a charming, yet pained smile.