Chapter 12

Cameron's P.O.V.
The doctor led me away from the boys. "Can you please explain what's going on with my little brother?" I had to keep up the character, or he isn't going to tell me anything. "He is very malnourished." "But he is going to be okay, right?" I cut him off. He nods his head. "For as far as I'm concerned, he is able to leave today. He does need to be looked after. Have you had any idea of what he was doing to himself?" I nod sadly.

"Yeah, I have for a little while now. He's just... He's so lost. He's not himself anymore. He's always sad and isn't scared to be violent anymore if it means protecting his big secrets. If you understand what I'm talking about." I try to explain, but it's just hard to find the right words.

"I can sense you're a little stressed. Take it easy for a while. All of you guys. Make sure that Mr. Mendes is alright." He tells me. I nod in response he tells me to go visit Shawn. The boys are allowed to go in with me and just as we walk in, he was finishing getting ready to leave this place.

He looks up at us and smiles a little. "You ready?" Matt asks him as he takes the backpack from Shawn. "Never been better." He says, but everyone can hear the sarcasm in his voice.

We all go back to the hotel to find Bart waiting for us. He does a handshake with Shawn and tells him to go rest, because Shawn looks horribly tired. He doesn't refuse the offer and goes up straight away. Aaron follows him. Gilinsky tried to get him to stay back down, but Aaron slapped his hands away, never even making eye contact with Gilinsky. I'll check on him later.

"That was that. Now I want something to eat, because I'm starving." Nash says. We all silently agree, no one really wants to speak up right now. We're all worried for Shawn. We eat very loudly though, so that never changed. We take some things with us for Shawn and Aaron to eat. Both of them need food to live.

My mind wonders off. We have an event tomorrow. How are we going to do that? I have no idea. Shawn might physically and mentally not be ready yet to get up on stage and Aaron falls asleep all over the place. The others are fine, I hope. I just really hope that if someone thinks something is wrong with them that they'll talk. I don't want to end up with another case of Shawn or Aaron. These boys are way too precious and too much of a family to me.

Aaron's P.O.V.
I followed Shawn up into our room. I sensed some tension and I feel like to talk to him about some things. We've been so awkward and distant and I don't like it. It was always us. We used to talk when we didn't want to talk to others. It changed. Everything changed in the wrong ways.

Both of us lay down in silence on our beds. We had our backs facing each other and it was just plain awkward. "Are you mad with me?" Shawn finally asks. I jump out of fright. I hadn't expected him to talk.

"Why would I be mad at you?" I ask him. I can hear some movement so I think he shrugged. He also never responded, which builds up to what I was thinking all along. "I'm not mad with you Shawn. You are just hurt and got scared. It's all fine, it really is." I hear some more movement and I look over to see him sitting up and staring at me. I copy his actions.

"Do you really mean this?" I nod in response. "Why would I lie?" I ask him and he shrugs. He's not that talkative. I want him to talk to me. He yawns. He's too tired to talk to me. "Let's just go and sleep. We have that event tomorrow." He nods and the both of us lay down again, both not bothering with changing into pajamas or brushing our teeth.

Shawn's P.O.V.
I want to talk to Aaron. I really do. He's the only one I really trust. He never gave me a reason to distrust him and he's the only one I really talked too. I knew I blew things between us, and it wasn't worth it. I just wasn't in control when I hit him or hurt him at all.

"Did you even sleep?" He asks me tiredly. I turned around in bed to face him. "Nope. Was up all night." I tell him honestly. "Same here." He sighs. We're both tired and really want to sleep. Today is going to tear us both with the event we have coming on.

I hear a knock on the door and I get up to open it. Cameron's there. I let him in and get stuff to change into. I change myself in the bathroom. I can hear soft mumbling in the hotel room between Cameron and Aaron. When I walk back out, Aaron is laying down and Cameron is sitting on his bedside. They had both silenced when I walked out of the bathroom. "I'll go get some breakfast. Need me to get you guys anything?" Both shake their heads. I'll still get something for Aaron. He never usually eats breakfast. It makes him feel weird. Everyone knows. Cameron also gave some sneaky look telling me to get him something for later on today.

I leave the room and meet up with the other boys. "You look terrible." Johnson states. "Yes, thank you." I tell him. He laughs. "I'm serious though. Have you even slept?" He asks me petting my shoulder, keeping his hand resting there at the end of his sentence. He's staring into my eyes in the hope to get some reaction. "Not really. Aaron hasn't either. We're both pretty fucked." I tell them. They laugh at me. "Yeah, pretty much. But you'll be just fine though. We'll stand you by through it all. We'll even hold your hand if you fall asleep on stage." The last thing was a joke.

Cameron's P.O.V.
I enter the room and find Aaron still in bed. Shawn takes his clothes to change in the bathroom. I sit down on Aaron's bedside. "You okay?" He looks a little pale. "Yeah, just didn't get much sleep." He says. "Do you think you'll be alright if you have to share with Shawn all the time? You do need to sleep." I ask him.

"What kind of insinuation is that? You think it's Shawn's fault that I didn't sleep?" He asks me. He probably hates me for saying this. He thinks it's not Shawn's fault. "That's not what I'm saying. I'm just wondering if it's better to share with someone else for a little. These events are going to kill you if you don't sleep. You know that." I tell him. He nods telling me he knows I'm right. I remember what happened last time he performed while being this tired. "Do you think you can do the event properly?" I ask him. I look intently into his eyes. I really want to know how he's feeling.

Aaron's P.O.V
I softly nod. "Yeah, I guess." I tell him. "And if you don't feel like it, just tell us. We'd rather have you rest for a bit than over do yourself." He says. "Like last time." He quickly adds. I nod in response. "Shawn looked just as terrible. Do you think he's up for the event?" He asks me. "You know Shawn. He's better at it than I am." I tell him and just as I finish up, Shawn emerges from the bathroom. He asks us if we want something and I really can't even think about food without feeling the need to throw up. They'll get me something for later on anyways, so I don't even have to ask for it.

Cameron's P.O.V.
I let Aaron get ready for the day and we walk downstairs, running into Bart along the way. He notices how bad Aaron looks, but doesn't mention it. His looks towards me tells me he trusts me to watch him, already knowing he'd be doing his job and won't be around us much, while trying to be with us as much as possible.

We meet up with all the other boys and get ready to go to the event. We pile into the van and make our way to the venue. We get to walk around for a while before we need to get backstage. The fans are going to be let in. Aaron looked even worse than he had this morning, while Shawn was looking better. He'd gotten a few cups of coffee already and felt more energetic. Aaron had gotten one also, but it never worked for him. I took him back to a room which, luckily for me, had a couch. I laid him down and he didn't even protest when I told him to sleep and not get out of this room until I would get him.

I placed a note on the door for people not to walk in as the room was occupied and couldn't be interrupted. I checked up on him about ten minutes after I left him there, and he was fast asleep. About an hour later, just before we had to get on stage, Aaron walked up to us. We all saw he was looking a bit better, but not awake enough to do a show. This time he did protest. He was also one of the magcon boys the fans came for. After trying to change his mind and even some yelling, we finally gave in. He wasn't going to let himself miss out.

I had a feeling this was going to turn out really bad.

Week has passed.. thought you guys deserved the next chapter. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I liked to write!