Chapter 54

I'm so so sorry!!! I left you hanging for a couple months... I never meant to...

But I'm back! Won't keep you any longer :D

Matt's P.O.V.
I had a lot of thoughts crossing my mind when Shawn was in the shower. It gave me a break of running around and to think of what I just found out.

Two of my best friends have been raped. Why didn't I know that? How long ago did it happen to Aaron? Has he been walking around with this forever? Is that the reason he got depressed and wanted to take his own life? Did it cause his pain?

Shawn finished his shower after a long while, probably trying to wash off the dirty feeling.

I got out of the bathroom and handed him a change of clothes. "I will break the door immediately if you lock it and if you don't come out in five minutes, I'll enter." I tell him. He nods in response.

I leave the bathroom to give him space and privacy to change.

Shawn enters the main area within five minutes and takes a seat on the bed.

"How'd you figure out?" He asks me silently.

"Aaron knew. He saw the signs and knew immediately." I tell him. "How'd he recognize so fast?" Shawn asks me. I shake my head. "Only one explanation." I tell him. He looks up and into my eyes, searching for an answer. "He's been through the same." I explain.

"How? Why? When?" Shawn stumbles over his own words.

I shrug. "He was too upset to tell me. I hope someone found him, because he ran off before you, but I didn't see him enter a room. Did you?" I ask him. Shawn shakes his head. "No, I didn't even hear a door slam shut, let alone close." He says.

"Now what?" Shawn asks me. I can hear the fear in his words. "What do you mean?" I ask him.

"What is going to happen? I think everyone knows by now. It's only a matter of seconds really before Bart knows. If he doesn't already..." He says.

"I really don't know Shawn. I wish I could take your pain and worries away, but I don't know how." I tell him. Shawn nods. "I know you'd do that if you had the chance, but it is fine. I just need time, I guess." He explains.

"Do you think time will be enough? Apparently, it's still haunting Aaron." I tell him. He nods. "What do you think I should do?"

"I don't know Shawn. I don't know." I realize that Shawn has kept his distance from me and that it is going to take so much for him to get used to being touched again and to give it a place in his mind where he can put it to rest and look at the future again.

Not that he looked at the future before it happened.

Aaron and Shawn looked way better when we met up by the elevator to go down for breakfast.

Aaron even asked for advice from Gilinsky, because he was feeling hungry. We should be worried, because he never is. But we're on a high that he admitted to this.

We have the day off. We decide to go shopping, because everyone is running out of clothes that aren't torn or worn out.

We decide to split up the group.

Group 1: Cameron, Nash and Hayes

Group 2: Gilinsky, Johnson and Aaron

Group 3: Shawn, Taylor, Carter and I

Pretty decent groups. I made sure that Cameron isn't with Aaron and Shawn.

Nash will make sure he doesn't constantly worry and that he takes this time to relax.