Chapter 3

**Author's note**

I'm updating daily now that I'm on holiday, I hope you enjoy!!

Sorry if the plot is a little slow at first, I want to introduce the characters in an memorable way. Please bear with me, and have some honey in this episode.

(Vote if you get that pun) XD

Chapter Three

"It is difficult to accept death in this society because it is unfamiliar.

In spite of the fact that it happens all the time; we never see it."

                                                                                                                                              ~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

                      I could not imagine myself here, in front of the whole school of medicine, here at University of Albertson about to receive my short lab coat, a tribute to starting the 2 year pre-medical program. Traditionally, it was a 3rd year medical student who gave us our lab coats, as they had just crossed the threshold into the grueling medical years ahead of them. They would soon be transferred to the local hospital, Kingsley Medical Centre which was not far from the campus.

                       Here I was. My heart was hammering in my chest and I glanced sideways to see my future 23 classmates looking as antsy as I was feeling. Phew. I looked across the audience and saw my brother, looking absolutely dashing in his jet black suit, his hair silken and pulled back for once. My heart sank as I realized I was just looking for my father's tired yet enthusiastic face. I could imagine him grinning at me and waving at me, mouthing words of encouragement.

                      I was brought back into reality by the silent tear that fell across my cheek, splashing against the makeup I took so long to apply this morning. I quickly wiped it away and breathed in; smoothing the dark blue dress I wore. Finally, the graduates started filing in onstage, each holding a lab coat and wearing a long lab coat themselves. I smiled as I imagined myself in their shoes; in two years. A familiar face stopped my thoughts in my tracks quite effectively.

                        It was him. What was he doing here? Frans walked past, stopping only to smile at the crowd where the applause suddenly grew absolutely thunderous. I could understand why. With the fitting white button shirt he wore and those seemingly tight pants, he was a sight for sore eyes. I wondered curiously whether he had as nice a chest under that shirt. I could almost imagine myself unbuttoning it..

                         As if he could hear me, Frans flipped his head around and our eyes met. For a split second, everything stopped and all I could concentrate on was trying to breathe as his eyes seemed to plunge deep into my soul, extracting all my deepest secrets with it. Then as if he was talking to me, I could hear his puzzled voice.

                        What is she doing here?

                          I frowned at him and this seemed to break the spell. He continued walking on and the graduates stood behind us. I felt a presence behind me and I prayed that it wasn't Frans. That only happened in movies, right? The university anthem was played as I felt a coat being placed gently on my shoulders. We were required to turn around and shake their hands, a symbol of friendship and respect toward our seniors.