New Year's Eve (pt. 2)

Magnus woke up and felt even worse than he had earlier that morning.  His headache had transformed into a full body ache, he was wracked with chills, and the slight rumbling in his stomach from that morning had turned into full blown nausea.  He rolled over and looked at the clock and it read 7:30.

"Crap, I'm gonna be late picking Alex up." Magnus said to no one.

He quickly rushed around trying to find something a little less casual to wear.  He chose an outfit Blitz had given him, assuring him he would find somewhere to wear it.  The outfit consisted of a plain white t-shirt, a gray cardigan, exceptionally tight jeans, and a pair of tan lace up boots.  Magnus rushed to the bathroom and was slightly surprised by what he was in the mirror.  The outfit looked surprisingly good and his hair had finally started to grow to a tolerable length after Blitz had butchered it for Tiny's bowling ball bag.  The thing that shocked Magnus was how pale and shaky he looked.  He actually looked about as bad as he felt right now.  Magnus splashed some water on his face and ran his fingers through his hair.  Deciding that this was the best he would get, Magnus walked out of his hotel room and started down the hall to Alex's room.

Magnus walked up to Alex's door and hesitated to knock.  He was only just now realizing how nervous he  was for this apparent date.  Of course, he had known there was something different about Alex since the moment she arrived in Valhalla, and he might have started to like her as more than just a friend lately.  To be honest, Magnus wasn't really sure what he felt for the daughter of Loki, and she didn't make it any easier.  Magnus snapped himself out of his thoughts and knocked on Alex's door.  He heard movement inside and the door sprang open to reveal Alex Fierro on the other side.

"Woah."  Magnus stood stunned.

Alex gave him a half hearted glare.

"I got Mallory and Sam to help me out.  You don't think it's too much?"

Alex was decked out in a red dress that fell to her knee and black heels that made her tower over Magnus even more than usual.  Her hair was curled and elegantly pulled to one side and her makeup was subtle, but made her different colored eyes look absolutely striking.  She could probably have killed somebody just by looking at them.

"You look-you look-" Magnus was cut off by a cough.

"Do I take your breath away Maggie?" Alex seemed to regain some of her humor and wit.

"Don't flatter yourself Fierro." Magnus rasped when he had recovered from his coughing fit.

"Are you okay? I didn't see you at all today after you went to your room. You don't look too good. I mean, you look good but-" Alex blushed.

"I'm fine." Magnus brushed off her concern.

"Are you ready?" Magnus asked hesitantly.

"Let's do this."

Magnus offered his arm to Alex and she gave him a look that said his arm anywhere near her would result in immediate amputation. Magnus dropped his arm and they walked silently to the elevator. The party was to be held on the ground floor in one of the grand ballrooms. The two made their way to the elevator in silence and began the descent to the party.

Magnus and Alex stepped off the elevator just in time to see someone being shot out of a canon and into the courtyard outside Hotel Valhalla. Magnus thought he was surely dead, but was surprised when he looked up and smiled.

"That was AWESOME!"

Magnus shook his head and laughed which triggered another coughing fit.

"Are you sure you're okay?"