45

Ruzz

"Hey sleepyhead.."

She blinked sleepily as her beautiful brown eyes starts to focus on my face. Her lashes flickered, once, twice until they settled firmly to look at me. Wala na ang sakit doon, wala na din ang kaninang pagpapalagayan namin ng loob ng hawakan niya ang kamay ko at ilagay iyon sa kanyang tiyan.

Napangiti ako ng makita ang pagkalito sa kanyang mga mata, pagkalito na nauwi sa pagkabalisa hanggang sa maging pagkailang. I think she remembers everything now. Her face flushed with mortification, for reason she alone knows and she scrambled inelegantly to the bed post.

"Hey, it's fine. Don't be shy." saad ko upang payapain siya na gaya ng isang mailap na hayop.

"I'm not shy!" she snapped then turned to stare over my right shoulder.

Lalong lumapad ang ngiti ko. Fire-breathing dragon is back. Kailangan ko nang gamitin ang mga nabasa ko sa internet.

"Here, I bought you foods and your personal stuff. Maligo ka na, I'll wait for you downstairs." saad ko sabay tayo.

I want to continue looking at her but I know that she's dying of embarassment. She would feel gritty and dirty, according to google. And if I continued looking at her, the fire-breathing dragon will turn into a freaking monster and eat me alive. Just for the fun of it.

Bago ko pa maisara ang pinto, nakita kong itinaas niya ang kumot ng kama, tumingin sa loob at umungol ng malakas dahil sa tumambad sa kanya.

I know what she saw. Her blood smeared on my pristine white bed sheet.

Huh!

It should be awkward and a little gross but for some insane reason, I just feel kind of cool knowing that her body is preparing for our future children. Makes me wanna crow in triumph. I will also be the one to stop those monthly flows and instead plant my seed in there. God! Amazing! And fucking insane.

Hindi ko napigilan ang tawa na kumawala sa akin ng makita ang kanyang reaksyon. She probably heard me, because her eyes went up, glared at me and then she shrieked.

"Get outta here!"

I answered with an infuriating chuckle before closing the door completely.

Sumisipol na bumaba ako sa living room at binuksan ang TV para pampalipas oras. Almost an hour after, she came down looking unsure and hesitant.

"Come." tawag ko sa kanya sabay pagpag ng cushion sa tabi ko upang ipahiwatig na maupo siya doon.

She grimaced and instead took the seat opposite of mine.

Napabuga ako ng hangin pero hindi na din ako umimik. Yep, back to her old self again, it seems. Muli kong itinutok ang mga mata sa pinapanood ko sa Discovery Chanel at nanood kahit walang interesesante doon. I am watching the segment without watching it. In fact, I am more aware of her presence in my peripheral vision instead of the animals running on the TV screen.

I can see her agitation in the little movements of her knees which is bouncing excitedly up and down. Pakiramdam ko ang hindi din niya namamalayan na nilalagutok niya ang kanyang mga buko sa daliri.

"You wanna say something Dee?"

"I'm not Dee."

Sa loob-loob ko ay nagpakawala ako ng malakas na buntong-hininga pero sa labas, isa akong larawan ng perpektong kahinahunan.

"Okay." I answered readily, no traces of disappointment in my voice.

Wala kaming maging imikan pagkatapos nun. At wala akong balak na mauna magsalita ngayon. I let her stew on what she wanna say without giving her the opportunity to say it.