2

March 21
7:02pm
27 minutes until the purge

I sat down on the living room sofa turning on the tv so I could listen to the purge news. As much as I don't want to listen, I know I should. I need to know what's going on, and what I could do from preventing myself from dying.

Stop Eva you aren't gonna die!

I swallowed the pit in my throat and glanced at Beth who was making food for dinner. It smelt amazing. I'm guessing she's making rabbit rice. "What you making?" I asked. She looked over at me and smiled. "Rabbit rice"

I new it!

"Cool" I answered smiling to myself. I looked over to the tv and started to listen closely to what it had to say.

The purge of this year will start in less then 28 minutes. We advice you purgers out there to wait patiently until the sirens to release the beast.

The purge begins on march 21 at 7:30pm, And ends on march 31 at 7:30am. As the sirens go on at 7:30am on the 31st, we advise all purging to stop, or you will be sent to jail and charged.

I rolled my eyes at the tv, standing up from the sofa. I can't stand to listen to anymore purge news, it's making me nervous and anxious about mine and Beth's safety.

"I'm gonna lock up" I told Beth. She nodded her head at me continuing what she was doing.

I looked around the house, walking over to the lockdown button that we had. It wasn't a great alarm system for the purge but it was something. It was either we get that or nothing.

I stared at it for a second, looking outside the windows to see a black shadow. Maybe I'm just thinking things. Or maybe there really is a person there.

I pressed the button quickly, taking a big breath. The alarm system started to slowly go down so it covered up the door. It was a very thin type of metal that we got. And I doubt that would keep anybody out. They could shoot it once, and bam they're in.

I put the code into the alarm system, making sure it was on lockdown. "Eva come eat" Beth said from the table. I looked over at her and back at the alarm system. For some reason it looked kinda strange. It was as if someone touched it.

"Eva you okay?" I heard. "Ugh, ye- yea" i answered. I walked away from the alarm system and started walking over to the table. I still kinda thought that alarm system looked really weird.

I sat down on the table, grabbing my fork and started eating the rabbit rice. This rice was my all time favourite. I could honestly eat this all day if I could. "So everything's locked?" She asked with her mouth full.

I chuckled a bit, nodding my head. "Something seemed off about it though" I said placing my fork down. "What do you mean?" She asked confused. "It seemed as if somebody touched it"

"Nobody touched it don't worry" she said with a giggled. I raised my eyebrow at her, tapping my finger nails on the table. "How would you know that?", she chuckled at my words, taking another bite out of the rice. "Because no body could have came into our home"

"You say that now Beth, but someone could have wired it from the outside"

"Then what would you like to do? It's almost purging time we can't do anything about it if it's true" she said. "Whatever, I'm going to go listen to the broad cast system, its 2 minutes from purging time"

I got Up from the table, making my way towards the living room. I could just hear Beth's footsteps following behind me. I guess she doesn't want to be alone. I know I don't want to be alone right now.

"Why are we always somehow arguing, and fighting" I heard behind me. I stoped walking, facing my body towards Beth. "Because that's what we do. We are like sisters, and sisters fight, we argue, but we also forgive in the end"

"But I hate arguing sometimes, and especially during the purge" she said. "Look Beth, we had this conversation this morning, we will be fine, I promised", she nodded her head at my words, giving me a small smile.

"I lo-"

"This is not a test, this is your Emergency Broadcast System. Announcing the commencement of the annual purge sanctioned by the U.S. Government.
Weapons of class four and lower have been authorized for use during the purge. All other weapons are restricted.
Government officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the siren, any and all crime (including murder) will be legal for 10 continuous days. Police, fire, and Emergency Medical services will be unavailable until Wednesday morning at 7:00 a.m. When the purge concludes.
Blessed be our new founding fathers and America... A nation reborn.

A/n

If you haven't already, go follow my other account IncredibleSeries and read incredible desire, it would mean a lot<3