Hinata Shoyo ~ Dream

My darling glace7, thank you for your lovely detailed request, it really made writing this so much easier. Also, thank you for requesting angst, like keep the angst rolling in thank you very much ok bye.

~*~

"Wow, Hinata-kun! That's so cool!" Y/N gasped, her eyes sparkling at the video Hinata was showing her.

"Yeah, I know right?!" Hinata exclaimed, getting this giddy feeling inside of his stomach at seeing his best friend so happy. "One day I'm gonna be just like the Little Giant! I'm going to be the ace of Karasuno!"

Y/N stood up, looking up at the boy in awe as she nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah, me too, me too!" She agreed. "We can be Mr. and Mrs. Ace!"

"One day, Y/N, one day we'll be standing on the court to the nationals!" Hinata exclaimed, smiling down brightly at the girl.

"You promise?" She asked, looking real hopeful at that point as she held out her pinky finger.

"I promise," Hinata nodded, full of certainty as he interlocked his pinky finger with Y/N's. "We'll be the greatest aces ever."

~10 years later~

Y/N couldn't stop checking her phone. She needed to know if Hinata had won the match against Shiratorizawa or not, and if so, she needed to buy him a gift as a congratulations. She was already in town, so she was hoping he would text her pretty darn quick before she headed home.

Stopping at the road crossing, Y/N pressed the button and waited for the green man before hearing her phone buzz from in her pocket.

Just as the green man flashed on the meter above her, Y/N pulled her phone out from her pocket and started to cross the road, but she should've made sure all the traffic had stopped, because once she was hit by an oncoming car, everything turned black and she lost every sense of consciousness she had.

~2 years later~

Leaning down in front of the gravestone, Hinata let a small, sad smile creep up onto his face as he bit back tears.

"Hey, Y/N," he greeted quietly, scared he would wake her up even though he already knew she was gone - sleeping forever. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Hinata wasn't surprised that he didn't receive a reply from the girl, but it still hit him like a brick.

Rubbing his eyes furiously with his arm, the boy took a deep breath before continuing.

"I'm a third-year now," he stated, even though it was so blatantly obvious. "I have to admit, the new first-years are so courteous - they really look up to us third-years.

"Yamaguchi became the new captain, Tsukishima being his second-in-command, and Kageyama's still the same insufferable asshole he was two years ago.

"I became the ace but it's not the same without you, Y/N-" Hinata's voice cracked as a few tears rolled down his cheeks. "You promsied me that you would stand on the national stage with me, you promised...

"God, it's way too late to say this."

Hinata took a deep breath before opening his eyes to look straight at Y/N's gravestone, the tears continuing to spill from his eyes as his bottom lip trembled furiously.

"I love you."

~*~

I'm sorry but at the same time I'm not, oops.