Nishinoya Yuu ~ Calm Down

I'm always changing the style of my stories. Sorry for being such an indecisive writer! F/N is supposed to be Friend's Name, god what is wrong with me? 😂

~*~

I was so pissed. Everything today could go to hell. I give up on trying to keep friends anymore; all they'll ever do is leave me anyway.

I was walking down the corridor today in search for my best friend, F/N, and, of course, I found him/her hanging around with those kids who were always horrible to me. They were the more popular people and F/N had always been more popular than me in primary school, and now into high school. I plucked up the courage to go over to him/her and ask why they were hanging around with people that he/she knows make me feel like shit. He/she just replied saying:

"I can't hang out with you anymore, you're not popular enough."

And with that, he/she walked off with his/her new best friends, leaving me in the middle of the corridor wondering what I did wrong.

Tears of anger blurred my vision as the volleyball rebounded off the wall and came flying back at me. I gritted my teeth and channelled all my anger into spiking it as hard as I could, feeling the sting on the palm of my hand as it hit the wall. The ball hit the wall so hard that when it came back, it flew straight over my head. I didn't bother going after the ball as I rested my hands on my knees and bowed my head to the floor.

My breathing became heavier as tears dripped out from my eyes and hit the floor. I clenched my fists on my knees as I replayed the words F/N said to me earlier over and over again in my head.

"I can't hang out with you anymore, you're not popular enough."

What was wrong with me? Why does everyone I care about leave me because of something about me? I'm not popular enough, not pretty enough, not clever enough - when in all fairness, I'm smarter than most of my friends. Well, was. I don't have any friends anymore. All I have is Nishinoya, who'll probably end up leaving me aswell.

I could feel the anger boiling up inside of my chest as F/N's words came out more bitterly every time I replayed them, a tone of mock consuming my sanity.

I couldn't take it.

I grabbed a volleyball from on the court and hit it harder than I've ever hit a ball in the direction of the door, letting out a yell of anger as I did so. It was only when the ball hit the wall right next to the door when I realised there was someone standing in the doorway, but they dodged the ball anyway. I immediately noticed the person to be Nishinoya, as it was obvious due to his spikey hair and height, though we were both the same height.

He stared at me in silence as a look of worry washed over his face. He could probably see the tears streaming down my face at this point, as they rolled down my cheeks and dripped off my chin. I wiped them away with my arm and took a deep breath. I nearly hit Yuu with the ball. I need to calm down.

"Sorry, Noya," I said, mustering a fake smile. "I guess I don't know my own strength."

Nishinoya picked up the ball from next to him and hesitated to toss it back to me.

"No...problem," he said, looking suspicious.

I caught the ball and continued spiking it against the wall, this time making sure I hit it softer than before. Despite the fact Nishinoya had been my friend since nursery, I didn't want to have to tell him about why I was crying. I didn't want him to worry or think that it was his job to cheer me up. So, I just ignored the look he was giving me from the corner of my eye.

"Y/N, are you...ok?" He asked, walking up to me hesitantly.

He was moving slowly and worriedly, like he was scared that I would hit him. But I would never do that, no matter how angry I was.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I replied, catching the ball and smiling falsely at him.

"Well...I saw what happened with F/N earlier," he admitted, his answer catching me off guard. "I mean, it's only natural that you'd be upset."

"I'm not upset," I answered through gritted teeth, spiking the ball against the wall again.

Nishinoya scoffed.

"Yeah right, you want me to teach you Rolling Thunder?" He asked, seeming a bit more confident now.

Normally, I would be over the moon if Noya offered to teach me Rolling Thunder, but I wasn't really feeling it today.

"Nah, I'm ok," I answered, shaking my head.

"Alright!" Nishinoya exclaimed, stepping forward. "Come on, I'm gonna teach you Rolling Thunder."

"No, you don't have to-" I began but was cut off by Nishinoya picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

I let out a small yelp as I tried to break free from his grasp.

"Noya!" I squealed, my yells turning into laughs.

I had to admit, for a small guy he was surprisingly strong.

"You used to love it when I did Rolling Thunder and, since your upset, I'm teaching you," he explained, carrying me towards the door.

He normally practiced Rolling Thunder at his house, so there was a chance that he was taking me back to his to teach me.

"I told you, I'm not upset!" I yelled, folding my arms and pouting.

"Yeah, yeah," Nishinoya laughed. "Just let me tell you now. You don't need F/N to tell you you're not popular enough, or pretty enough because, to me, you are. In fact, in our friendship, I find you beautiful so shush."

My eyes widened as my cheeks slowly turned red.

Did Yuu just...did he just...call me beautiful?

"Where is all of this coming from, Noya?" I asked, craning my head round to look at him. "Because if you're just saying it because I'm upset, you don't have to."

"I thought you said you weren't upset," he replied smartly, smirking at me.

"Shut up," I laughed as he left the gym.

~*~

I was going through old books I've written on Wattpad but never got around the posting and I found this in a book of Nishinoya x Reader one-shots. I've deleted the book now but I copied this into here because I really liked it.

Also, ANY rEQUESTS?? I'm so stumped for ideas so I'll take anything at this point 😂