Bokuto Koutarou ~ Glossophobia

I think I might have this phobia; I hate talking in front of people, even in class.

~*~

Glossophobia - the fear of public speaking.

~*~

Wringing your hands nervously in front of you, you looked down at the speech you had prepared on reasons for and against animal testing.

All of this was to prove that you could deliver two very persuading arguments regarding a serious issue.

You had chosen animal testing as it went towards your Japanese Lit. and biology degree in University.

But did you really have to deliver it in front of a whole year group?

Your biology teacher said it would be a good way for you to overcome your fear of public speaking but, to you, it was another reason for you to be paranoid.

Nobody could quite pinpoint why you hated speaking in front of people, but one thing was for sure: you hated it.

But, after telling Bokuto about your big speech, he made sure to be there in the front row rooting for you even though he had no opinions on animal testing or anything like that.

~*~

Your speech went well overall - apart from the many few times you messed up the words and the fact that the people controlling your microphone from backstage had to keep turning up its volume because you were talking too quietly.

But, apart from that, you delivered a well-spoken argument and Bokuto couldn't have been any more proud of you than he already was.

"Koutarou!" You squealed, running up to him and throwing your arms around his neck as he wrapped his own arms around your waist and lifted you up off of the floor, spinning you round in an aerial hug. "I did it!"

Bokuto couldn't stop the smile spreading across his lips at how happy you were, and it was something that warmed his heart.

"I'm so proud of you!" He exclaimed, setting you back down onto the floor and hugging you tightly. "You finally overcame you fear and you did amazing!"

"You think so?" You asked, your voice full of hope.

Bokuto nodded so enthusiastically that even his hair was bouncing up and down.

"I know so," he beamed, and you couldn't help but blush at how proud he looked. "Now come on, a speech like that deserves to be rewarded with some (favourite anime) and (favourite take-out food)."

You smiled wide and nodded, interlacing your fingers with Bokuto's as the two of you started to walk home, the giddy feeling in your heart never leaving you even after you got home.

~*~

Wtf me