Kentaro Kyotani ~ Attitude

I really don't like this guy but I will try my hardest to make this one-shot good.

Requested by PhanTrash03899 and blackpeppermintdeath

~*~

It wasn't very difficult for people to realise that Kentaro had a terrible personality - even worse than Oikawa's. And it took people even less time to realise that the only person he was relatively kind to was Y/N.

The boy had little to no respect for the third years (besides Iwaizumi) but when Y/N stepped into the picture, he started to like her more and more.

Perhaps it was because she was the manager of the Aoba Johsai team, or maybe just because she was a girl and, even though Kentaro was a brute, his mother had taught him to treat girls with respect even if he didn't like them, so he wasn't all that unstable.

But he didn't just respect Y/N, he liked her.

Ever since she started encouraging him to work together with the volleyball team, he actually started showing up to practices, and when Y/N came ten minutes after it started like she always did, Kentaro's attitude would change completely.

Before she arrived, he would never actually work with the team and just watch them in the corner of the gym like a stubborn child, but when she appeared with her bright smile and angelic voice, his back would be off the wall and he would be with the team within a matter of seconds.

And it didn't take the volleyball team very long to realise why their Mad Dog-chan was starting to act this way.

It was because he had a crush on his senpai.

~*~

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late!" Y/N exclaimed, collapsing against the wall as she doubled over, trying to catch her breath from the marathon she just did to get from one side of the school to the other.

"Y/N?" Iwaizumi asked, noticing how tired the girl was as she wiped the sweat from her forehead. "Are you ok?"

By this point, the rest of the team - excluding Kentaro of course - were surrounded around Y/N, who was still trying to catch her breath.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she breathed, looking up at the boys and smiling, her rosy-red cheeks making her look even cuter. "I made these snacks for you guys but on my way here, I realised I left them in my last class which was Ethics so I had to run all the way back to go get them."

Oikawa looked down at the box in her hands, decorated with pretty flowers and chibi volleyballs (plus Oikawa's signature that the boy insist he put on there as a momentum even though the two were going to the same college after graduation).

"Wow, Y/N-chan, you're the best!" He exclaimed, and Y/N flashed her usual bright smile, the one that could make anyone around her instantly feel happy.

"Don't mention it," she shrugged, handing Mattsun the box. "You guys take a break, it had been twenty minutes after all."

The team, now a lot more happy that they had received snacks from their perfect manager, sat in the middle of the gymnasium sharing the delicious snacks, a sight that made Y/N feel even more happier than she already was.

Turning around, Y/N was about to grab her notebook and pen when she saw Kentaro standing literally right behind her, and she jumped a little bit at the sudden sight, but soon loosened up and smiled again.

"Hey, Kentaro, what can I do for you?" She asked sweetly, looking up at the second-year who was much more taller than she was.

Instead of saying anything, the boy simply handed her his water bottle, and Y/N looked at it a little confusedly before taking it and smiling at him.

"Thank you very much!" She exclaimed, taking a quick swig from the bottle before wiping the top and giving it back to Kentaro, leaning up on her tip-toes to press a small kiss to the boy's cheek, who then started blushing like mad.

"Ok, boys, break's over! Let's get back to work!" She exclaimed, and everyone seemed to follow her instructions immediately, as nobody liked Y/N when she was mad.

Yahaba whistled from behind Kentaro, who was still watching Y/N even after she had gathered up all of the volleyballs and started throwing them at Oiakwa because he was slacking.

"Looks like someone's got you thinking," he commented, before smirking and walking off, leaving the boy to think to himself if changing his attitude really was that hard.

~*~

For a character that I don't really like, I can safely say that this went well.