Oikawa Tooru ~ Astraphobia

As a result of me doing these, I've actually copied and pasted the top 100 most common phobias into a word document. Come at me.

Also, you're a second-year in this one, so please just roll with it xD

~*~

Astraphobia (also known as Brontophobia, Tonitrophobia or Ceraunophobia) - the fear of thunder/lightning.

~*~

"Shittykawa, get your ass over here right now."

Iwaizumi clicked his tongue before hanging up for the fifth time since the storm started, setting his phone back down onto the bedside table before continuing to rub your back in circles.

Even though Iwaizumi was doing a pretty good job of keeping you calm during the storm, you still couldn't help but want your boyfriend there.

Iwaizumi was an amazing brother - probably the best - but his arms weren't like Oikawa's when he would hug you tightly and tell you it would be ok. Plus, Iwaizumi wasn't very much of a hugger.

Suddenly, thunder from outside clapped down hard in the sky, bringing down a ray of lightning with it, striking right outside your house.

You squealed and buried your face in your knees, your body trembling as you let out sobs.

Iwaizumi looked down worriedly at your shaking figure before growling softly under his breath and picking up his phone for the sixth time that night.

"I swear to god..." He mumbled, scrolling through his contacts until he found Oikawa's, pressing 'call' and holding the phone up to his ear.

After one ring, Oikawa finally picked up.

"Iwa-chan??"

"Oh, look who finally picked up," Iwaizumi commented sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "You know, your girlfriend's been sitting here crying for thirty minutes. You remember her? My sister?"

"Don't be stupid, Iwa-chan, of course I remember her," came Oikawa's irritated reply. "I'm on the way now; the lightning corrupted my signal so I couldn't make any calls or texts."

Iwaizumi grunted.

"I'm being serious! Look, I'm outside your house now, let me in," Oikawa requested, a pout on his face as he stood outside in the rain.

Iwaizumi got up off of your bed and walked over to the window, peering out of it to see none other than Oikawa Tooru standing there, soaked from top to bottom in rainwater.

"Alright," he muttered, hanging up and informing you he was going to let Oikawa in before running down the stairs and opening the front door, making sure to slap the pretty setter upside the head before letting him in.

Oikawa didn't think twice before sprinting up the stairs and bursting into your room, only further startling you as lightning struck again.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N-chan," he said, the guilt in his heart settling as he made his way over to your bed and sat down beside you, wrapping his arms around you and hugging you tightly.

You cried into his chest for another five minutes until your cries died down into sobs, and your sobs into sniffles, and soon enough you fell asleep in Oikawa's arms, him rocking from side-to-side and humming random songs to make you feel more relaxed and it seemed to work.

When he heard your steady breathing against his body just as the thunder and lightning stopped, Oikawa looked down at your peaceful sleeping figure before laying you down on your bed and tucking you in, sitting down on the floor next to your bed to hold your hand and stroke your hair until he was certain the storm wouldn't start up again.

But even when he was sure, he still refused to leave your house in case you woke up in the middle of the night panicking, and even when Iwaizumi told Oikawa that had never happened in all seventeen years of your life, he still refused to leave because you looked so cute in your slumber.

So he stayed there for the whole night, just sitting on the floor with his fingers in your hair and his lips against your knuckles or your forehead occasionally, and soon enough he finally fell asleep.

Even though he may not always be the most punctual boyfriend, Oikawa was definitely the most comforting.

~*~

This is probably my favourite one-shot out of the phobias so far.