Yaku Morisuke ~ Ailurophobia

I saw this phobia and I spent so long choosing a character from Nekoma to do it with. After some time, Yaku seemed like the suitable choice 😂

~*~

Ailurophobia (also known as Gatophobia) - the fear of cats.

~*~

Being the manager of the Karasuno volleyball team, meeting Yaku was kind of pure coincidence.

The two of you first met at the Karasuno vs. Nekoma practice match when you were filling up water bottles for both teams. Yaku noticed you doing the tedious task on your own and asked if you needed any help.

The two of you immediately formed a special kind of bond, one that surprised both Nekoma and Karasuno since you two went to different schools.

But it didn't take long for Yaku to ask you out at the Tokyo training camp that ensued after your first meeting and it took even less time for you to say yes.

But, what Yaku didn't know was that you had a phobia of cats - which was one of the main reasons you had enrolled at Karasuno rather than Nekoma, even though the latter was closer to your home than Karasuno.

You didn't feel the need to tell Yaku about your phobia, and because you never told him, he never felt the need to tell you about the cats he owned at his house.

He only found out about your phobia when he invited you round his for a sleepover one day after school, and when he opened his front door only to be greeted by one of his four cats, he was a little more than surprised, to say the least, when you suddenly jumped up onto his back and started yelling gibberish.

"Y/N, what the hell?!" He growled, locking your legs around his waist with his arms as he closed the door with his foot.

"H-how m-many of those d-do you have, M-Morisuke?" You asked, shaking from the fear building up inside of your chest.

"What, the cats?" He asked through a strained breath, hoisting you up further onto his back. "Four."

You felt you soul leave your body at that moment, and Yaku felt his body giving way at you being on his back. (Not that you were heavy, he was just shorter than you.)

"Y/N, I have to put you down now, you're getting heavy," he wheezed, but you gripped onto him tighter.

"No!" You squealed, and Yaku sighed.

"Wait, Y/N," he started, walking over to the kitchen counter and setting you down on there as he stretched his back, eliciting a click from one of the muscles. "Are you scared of cats?"

You blushed, averting your gaze from Yaku's as you nodded feebly.

You were expecting Yaku to be pissed at you, but what he did next kind of surprised you.

He laughed.

Yaku lightly grabbed your hands in his and squeezed them, causing you to look at him.

"Y/N, why didn't you tell me?" He asked, stroking your knuckles with his thumbs.

"Well, I didn't think you had cats," came your quiet answer which caused Yaku to laugh more.

"Y/N, I go to a school called Nekoma; practically everyone there has cats," he replied and you let your head fall in shame.

But Yaku tipped your chin back up and placed a delicate kiss on your lips before smiling sweetly at you.

"Don't worry, they're all really friendly," he reassured, picking you up from the counter as you wrapped your legs around his waist.

You tightened your grip around Yaku's neck when one of his cats brushed up against his leg.

"This is Misty," he said, smiling down at the black cat beneath him. "All she wants to do is cuddle with people."

Suddenly, another cat - one that looked like Kenma with its golden fur and uneven black stripes - jumped up onto Yaku's shoulder and you screamed in surprise.

"Don't worry, he won't hurt you; none of them will," he reassured, kissing your nose softly. "This one is Pudding; I named him after Kenma."

That made you giggle slightly, and you even plucked up the courage to stroke Pudding, earning a light purr from him.

"He likes you," Yaku chuckled and you smiled. "You think I can put you down now?"

You nodded sweetly and Yaku carefully set you down onto the floor, taking Pudding off of his shoulder and setting him down onto the floor next to you.

You were slowly starting to get over your fear of cats and Yaku even did his research, making sure he comforted you in the right way whenever you got scared or anything - and he even locked the cats out of his bedroom whenever the two of you were sleeping at night.

But he still felt proud of you for being so brave around his cats, and you even felt proud of yourself.

~*~

Guys, how did this book get over 34k?? Gah, thank you all so much for actually taking the time to read, vote and comment because all of this means so much to me omg THANK YOOUUUUU!! <3