Chapter 4

My fingers start feeling very soft grass, I can also smell some and soak in the softness with my fingers.

"You're beautiful," I turn my head to the left and find myself looking at once my prince charming, laying on the grass next to me. I shy away and blush. I look at him again, his dark blue eyes staring at me.

"You think so?" I ask sarcastically, craving his approval. He smirks and blushes a bit. Oh, how I love it when he flashes his playful smirk.

"You know I'm crazy for you," He looks intensely into my eyes. He lays sideways and touches my long brown hair. He moves on to stroking my cheek, he moves closer. I close my eyes and hear him chuckle. When I open then he wraps his arms around my waist, and he starts rolling us around the grass.

"Hey, let go," I protest as we roll and laugh. When he stops I end up on top of him. He looks at me intensely, he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Please don't ever leave me."

I wake up with my chest aching. I try pacing my breath, but the air is getting thicker.

"Abby, you ok?" I hear a distant voice.

I manage to answer, "yeah, I just panicked for a second," I pause. "I'm alright don't worry about it."

Jessica is 10 years old and in 5th grade in Lincoln elementary which is a block away from our house, so she usually walks to school. Like me, Jessica has dark gray eyes, but instead of black hair, she has her natural light brown hair. Her hair unlike my straight dead hair that's just past my shoulders, hers is up to her waist. Even our personalities are quite different, she's cheerful, sweet, and social, unlike me.

"Hey, Jess?" I start once I change out of my pajamas and head to the kitchen to make some dinner.

"Yeah?" Jess pops up. "Umm.... today I'm going out, would you be ok on your own? I promise I will be back at 10....ish," my lip quivers a bit. I wait for her response. She looks a bit puzzled and narrows her eyes.

"Not a problem, where are you going?" she stands in the doorway of the kitchen with her arms crossed.

I stumble on my words a bit, "Um...you know, out."

She starts smiling, "Out where? Or should I say with whom?" I look up from tying the apron around my waist. She raises an eyebrow.

I turn to the sink," you know out.... with friends."

She starts laughing lightly, " Abby, I'm kidding, I'll be fine. Just have fun."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in the living room and look at myself in the full-length mirror. I feel a bit overdone, especially since I am not going anywhere fancy. With the help of Jess, the makeup helps me look like a glass doll, and instead of dark makeup, I am wearing lighter colors that make me look innocent. Jess was able to curly my hair and make it look nice. I have a dark green ribbon tied to my hair in a half ponytail. As promised, I'm wearing Lura's suggested outfit with a jean jacket. Way out of my comfort zone, but for the first time I like it.

"Ding Dong," the bell rings. I panic and lounge for cover behind the sofa. Jess standing from a distance gives me a weird look.

"What are you doing?"

I clear my throat and stand up from embarrassment, "Nothing."

I walk over to the door but pause for a second and turn to look at Jess. Without speaking she is motioning me to open the door. Well, the door won't open itself now, will it? I clear my throat once more, "Hey."