♥Chapter 12: 'Help Me'♥

Dedicated to @Innocent_Bystander01 for the awesome banner! THANK YOU LOVE! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damon's P.O.V.

All throughout the day, all I heard was Jamie's name whispered around the hallways which Jack's name popping in every now and again.

Jamie had stolen all the attention today, walking in and looking great and not herself. I had to admit she did look pretty but I knew this wasn't her. She was more of the scruffy ripped jean-T shirt-converses type. Not the dressy-girly boot type. She did look quite uncomfortable but it was understandable as she was out of her comfort zone.

I'm guessing, with the smile on her face, she was glad and satisfied with the attention she was seeking, especially Natalie's. She had come up to me at lunch, sulking. I didn't have to ask her to know that Jamie was the cause of her misery. Natalie loved the attention and now that her arch enemy Jamie had grabbed it, she was furious.

Jamie was sitting down with Lexi and the pair on her iPhone screensaver. The boy and girl were fighting over something whilst Lexi and Jamie shook their head at them, laughing at an inside joke.

After dropping off a moaning Natalie who kept on going on about how she was going to stop Jamie (I mentally laughed at her behaviour because it was so childish), I drove back to mine.

I was about to open my front door when I heard a female voice call my name. I raised a brow and turned to see her waving at me. With her hand gesture, she told me to stop while scurrying over. I squinted my eyes, trying to see who it was.

"Hello," she smiled, exposing her dimples.

"Hi Gill, I thought you were Jamie."

She laughed at my compliment. That was true. It was hard to tell the difference between mother and daughter, especially from a distance that I needed glasses to see with.

"Anyways, I was hoping if you do me a favour?"

"Sure . . . what is it," I asked curiously.

"Well, as I am going to be paid to paint people for the school fair, I need someone to paint to show that I actually can paint. . . "

"So you want me to be your model?"

She grinned enthusiastically.

"If you have anything important to do then it's alright . . ."

I pressed my lips into a thin line, thinking.

"It's all for a good cause," she said.

Hmm . . .

"I'll bake you my homemade chocolate cake?"

"Yes," I blurted out immediately. "I mean. . ." I chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of my neck.

"I should've started with that?"

I nodded. "What day," I asked.

"Saturday?"

I mentally grinned. I didn't have to see Natalie.

I nodded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next week, everyone was talking about Jack and Jamie, but mostly Jamie.

Lexi was doing a good job at making sure that Jamie followed all her rules so she could invade the popularity ladder by storm. I had to admit, it was quite amusing to see Natalie frustrated. It seemed like the amount of guys taking interest in her had increased massively.