Research

I wake up with a groan. I look down to see my hands covered in bandages. My actions from the night before come rushing back to me. My left hand is more painful then my right because of the constant shake in my left hand. It causes the bandage to rub against the wounds.

I stand up but wobble a little bit. "After effects of the potion" someone says from my chair. I jump and spin around, almost falling over.

"Tonks you scared me" my voice comes out weird and raspy. She sighs before standing up.

"You made us all worry" she says. I put my head down and look at the floor.

"You can't just disappear" she exclaims.

"I couldn't sit through another funeral" I mumble.

"I understand that but you need to tell someone before you leave Hermione. You need to stop just disappearing without telling anybody where you are going" she stresses.

I nod and she walks over to me. She pulls me into a hug "I'm always here for you" she whispers into my ear. She releases me and walks to my door. She opens it and leaves my room.

I notice its breakfast time but I decide not to go. I know I will just get yelled at for last night. Instead I just go to the library. I go to the deepest, darkest, and most unused part of the library.

Back there I find dusty old books and an old gross chair. I use a cleaning charm and the chair is good as new. I pull out one of the books and start to read.

I stop when I get to a dark spell. I read through it and I realize something. The side effects match everything about my father. The hairlessness and the lack of a nose. This is how he came back to life. Then I notice something else. To counter the effects of this spell use the potion found on page 394 of how to counteract the effects of dark spells and potions. I could counteract it.

"Accio how to counteract the effects of dark spells and potions" I whisper. A book flys through the air and lands on the floor by my feet. I quickly turn to the page. A counter spell. I think of something else and quickly turn to the chapter guide.

How to counteract the effects of being conceived under the effects of a love potion. I bolt up and run out of the room toward my fathers study to see if he's home. I open the door. The room is empty. I sigh before writing a note and leaving them both on his desk. I feel a spark of excitement. The first time I've felt something other then anger and grief since the war.

I turn and leave the office. I have to be quiet or else "HERMIONE RIDDLE" ...I might be caught.

"Blaise" I mumble.

"Why did you leave without telling anybody" he snaps at me.

"I couldn't sit through another funeral" I mumble for the second time today.

"Like it was easy for the rest of us" he mutters under his breathe. I look up at him surprised.

"Are you trying to imply something" I growl. "

"Maybe I am" he hisses back.

"Then please do enlighten me" I snap.

"Stop acting like everything is all about you. Stop acting like you're the only one who lost people. Because I did too!"he yells.

"I feel like there is something deeper than that!" I snarl.

"You could have saved him. But you just stood there and watched him die. You could have stopped this. It's your fault Theo's dead" Blaise screams at me.

I feel like the breathe has been knocked out at me. I look at Blaise my eyes full of hurt and betrayal. "That's enough Blaise" Lucius ground out from behind me. Blaise turns around and storms down the hallway.

I hear a door open and turn to see Ginny walk out of the kitchen. "Hermione he didn't mean that. I'm so sorry. I will go talk to him" she rambles. Before running down the hall. I turn away from Lucius and head down the hall back to my room.

"You know what he said isn't true, right Hermione" Lucius says from behind me. I nod before going toward my room.

When I am sure I'm out of earshot from Lucius. I mumble "maybe he is right." Before walking into my room and closing the door.