"What gift? You got me things already." I look at him confusedly, as I lean away from my Dad. I had gotten a Microsoft Surface Pro and I was super excited. It was the first thing I opened and so my father and I were trying to set things up and figure out how to use the device.

"It's not from me." He says as he heads for the stairs.

"So who's it from? Did grandma give it to you while she was here?" I question him.

"You'll see." He mumbles before heading upstairs.

I look over at my Dad. "Do you know what he's talking about?"

"No." He shakes his head.

Hmm...

My father and I wait as we listen to the commotion coming from Kyle's room and wait for him to come back down. When he enters the living room, I see Kyle holding a large candy bouquet and a small gift bag. My mouth parts in shock and I lean up.

"Whoa! Is that mine?" I can't help but gape at him.

"Yep." He nods and drops it on my lap along with the small gift bag. I gaze at the candy and it just looks great.

"Who is this from?" I look up at my brother with wide eyes.

"Hunter." He says before going to play his game again.

Hunter?

"What's that about?" My Dad questions me.

I shrug. "Just a Christmas gift, I guess?"

I reach into the gift bag past the tissue paper to see what was inside. My jaw drops at the sight. No way! I quickly take out the box and I gasp loudly. Hunter bought me a pink Fujifilm Polaroid camera. This was the same camera that I thought was really cool one day while we were at the mall. I didn't think he remembered that because it was almost two months ago at the mall back in Indiana.

There were also two rolls of extra film in the bag along with some other little things. I couldn't stop gaping at the things before me. Hunter bought all this stuff for me, especially when this stuff was not cheap? And...I'm not even his girlfriend! Surely you wouldn't spend a lot of money on someone who was just a friend or an ex, would you?

I know my presents were expensive as well...but I bought the tickets while we were still together. But this...did he buy this before we were together? I get the feeling that he didn't. I see a small card and I open it.

Asia,

I hope you like your gifts. It's a cross between a birthday gift and Christmas gift. 😉

Merry Christmas,

Hunter ❤️

Wow, another reason for me to fall even harder for him, as if I hadn't already fallen hard enough. Being just friends with him was getting harder and harder for me...

"When did he give you this?" I ask Kyle.

"Some day during the week while you were with your friends, I don't remember the exact day." He says without looking away from his game. "I was tempted to eat your candy."

"You can definitely have some. There's more than enough." I say before grabbing a Kit Kat bar from the bouquet. My favorite.

"Are you two back together? You seemed to be enjoying his company last weekend at the party." My Dad asks, pulling me out of my thoughts. He can't hide his smirk no matter how hard he tries. Believe it or not, I feel that sometimes my father gets a kick out of my dramatic life. He tries to pretend not to be, but he enjoys hearing the latest scoop just like anyone else.